Editor crashes when modifying an execution condition

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
amundsen
Regular
Editor crashes when modifying an execution condition

Post by amundsen » 27 Oct 2016 09:20

Hello,

I am using Lemur editor 5.3.2. With two scripts, I want to change the execution condition from the default "Manual" to "On load". However when doing this the editor crashes.

I have tried to change the setting project using a third-party text editor but then afterwards when I load the project into the editor it crashes too.

What could be the issue?

The project is attached to this message in a compressed .zip form because it is too big to be uploaded otherwise (1.2 MB). The aforementioned scripts are "fillMyArrays1()" and "fillMyArrays3()".
Attachments
drawWaveform4Arrays-colorsV2.jzml.zip
(190.04KiB)Downloaded 74 times

oldgearguy
Regular

Re: Editor crashes when modifying an execution condition

Post by oldgearguy » 27 Oct 2016 13:44

Short term answer - create a new on load script that calls the other scripts manually.

I've had issues with on load scripts in the past. They are very touchy when doing things with data and variables. I seem to recall that the existence of some variables and other objects may not be a given when the on load script executes, so it may be trying to reference stuff that isn't there yet.

Again my call to the Lemur developers to provide a detailed technical guide to what is happening inside Lemur to help outside developers better use the product.

amundsen
Regular

Post by amundsen » 27 Oct 2016 20:27

Nice suggestion. Thanks.

oldgearguy
Regular

Post by oldgearguy » 29 Oct 2016 20:49

Well, I had time to pull up your project. The basic issue is that you've reached the maximum size of a script. Manual vs. onload won't make a difference about that. My guess is that the onload is taking up a few bytes more in the script and therefore maxes it out.

To prove it - open up the fillMyArrays3() and try to add a comment or even a decl i; You'll see it gets all weird and corrupts the data.

I'm trying to understand what you're doing with all those arrays and why you need them all pre-filled. You're going to have to come up with a more efficient way to store/represent your information.