Lemur still actively developed/bug fixed?

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
nick_liine
Liine Staff
Re: Lemur still actively developed/bug fixed?

Post by nick_liine » 06 Nov 2016 10:34

Yes, Lemur is very much still actively developed.
leehu wrote:Hi, just wondering what the state of Lemur is these days? Is it still a 'live' product?

I ask because a couple of years ago raised a couple of times that the E command on windows had been broken in an update and this still remains broken.. Is this just something that we have to live with or can we expect a fix for this at some point in the future?

I've tried using the Editor on my Mac but as the command bar always appears behind the OSC menu bar, I can't actually connect to an iPad anyway.

In addition there have been repeated requests to fix cut/paste and accidentally hitting CTRL-S with an error in a script when then deletes (unrecoverably) the script contents after the error...

So, are these ever going to be fixed and/or enhanced or is this how things are going to be? Sorry to sound a bit negative, but these issues are at least 2-3 years old...

Cheers

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 06 Nov 2016 22:28

I even saw bitmap support in a recent video ... and collaboration with Endorphin.es.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

leehu
Regular

Post by leehu » 07 Nov 2016 09:26

@Phase_change - believe me, I've tried everything to make the bar visible but can't do anything to make it appear.... Im on El Capitain 10.11.6

leehu
Regular

Post by leehu » 07 Nov 2016 09:26

Phil999 wrote:I even saw bitmap support in a recent video ... and collaboration with Endorphin.es.
interesting... links?

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 07 Nov 2016 10:10

I have no link, but it must be on the usual sites, vimeo, youtube ...
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

phase_change
Regular

Post by phase_change » 07 Nov 2016 15:52

Hey...
So, we have the same version of El Capitan. I just installed v 5.3.2 of the Lemur editor. I'm not having the same issue you're having. This is probably going to make you feel a little frustrated, but it's a good thing. It means that the Lemur editor works fine and there's something going on with your machine. I'm p good at troubleshooting and am willing to help you if you want. If you aren't able to drag the app back into view, the next thing I would try is adjusting your screen resolution.

Scott
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

leehu
Regular

Post by leehu » 07 Nov 2016 19:07

Hi - If i change the resolution the top bar does appear! - Nice suggestion... However, everything is slightly offset - i.e. I have to click above and to the left to select what I want - as a result of that I still can't click on any of the control buttons, or grab the title bar as i can't go high enough on the screen to select...

Probably not easy to understand - will get a vid together when I get time...

phase_change
Regular

Post by phase_change » 08 Nov 2016 06:54

I think I understand what you're saying... before I look into what might be going on, my next question is are you using an external monitor or are you using the built in display for a laptop?

leehu
Regular

Post by leehu » 08 Nov 2016 11:39

Hi - external monitor, it's running on a Mac mini

phase_change
Regular

Post by phase_change » 08 Nov 2016 14:45

That's what I thought. I've had a similar problem with a Windows 7 machine before. I never really tried to get to the bottom of it, but my guess is it has something to do with the resolution of the monitor and the resolution settings on your mac mini. I'm going to look into what's going on and how to fix it when I get the chance (today is kind of busy for me), but in the mean time there's something else you can try that might work. Go to System Preferences>General then select "Automatically hide and show menu bar." The menu bar stays hidden unless you scroll to the top edge of your screen. You might be able to grab the top of the Lemur editor before it drops down. Hoping that works for you.