Lemur still actively developed/bug fixed?

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
leehu
Regular
Lemur still actively developed/bug fixed?

Post by leehu » 13 Oct 2016 22:24

Hi, just wondering what the state of Lemur is these days? Is it still a 'live' product?

I ask because a couple of years ago raised a couple of times that the E command on windows had been broken in an update and this still remains broken.. Is this just something that we have to live with or can we expect a fix for this at some point in the future?

I've tried using the Editor on my Mac but as the command bar always appears behind the OSC menu bar, I can't actually connect to an iPad anyway.

In addition there have been repeated requests to fix cut/paste and accidentally hitting CTRL-S with an error in a script when then deletes (unrecoverably) the script contents after the error...

So, are these ever going to be fixed and/or enhanced or is this how things are going to be? Sorry to sound a bit negative, but these issues are at least 2-3 years old...

Cheers

hiornsi

Re: Lemur still actively developed/bug fixed?

Post by hiornsi » 16 Oct 2016 16:36

I'm wondering the same. It would be reassuring to know Lemur is still being looked after.

GV1

Post by GV1 » 18 Oct 2016 21:19

I'm using the editor on my mac and it's working fine. Can you post a screenshot of what's happening?

GV1

Post by GV1 » 23 Oct 2016 20:47

Which part is causing the problem?

leehu
Regular

Post by leehu » 25 Oct 2016 08:03

The top line of the display is missing and permanently hidden under the OSX menu bar, so I can't open/close or connect to ipad....

phase_change
Regular

Post by phase_change » 31 Oct 2016 09:23

What version of the editor are you using? 5.2 works for me with El Capitan and Mavs. I might still have the .dmg file on an external hard drive.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

leehu
Regular

Post by leehu » 02 Nov 2016 09:56

hi - using the latest 5.3.2 as it's the only installer I have... I you have an older one to try that would be great..

phase_change
Regular

Post by phase_change » 05 Nov 2016 12:18

Hey... I took a look around and I think I deleted the installer in my most recent purge of useless/unnecessary files. That's really weird, though. Like so weird, I really want to try to figure out what's going on and how to fix it. I didn't even know it was possible to get an app behind the menu bar. What OS are you using?
Last edited by phase_change on 05 Nov 2016 12:24, edited 1 time in total.

phase_change
Regular

Post by phase_change » 05 Nov 2016 12:21

Apparently it does happen sometimes with other apps. Click the bottom edge of the app where it's black and you can drag it back into view, let me know if that worked. You might have to resize it first using the bottom right hand corner (area of the GUI with three lines)