Fader snap mode

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
drain
Fader snap mode

Post by drain » 12 Oct 2016 01:33

Hello,

i want to be able to push a button to "snap lock" faders to their current value.

so they snap back to it after i release the fader.

This is such an amazing feature i experienced in Touchable:

https://youtu.be/ynFoGxKWV38?t=171

drain

Re: Fader snap mode

Post by drain » 12 Oct 2016 10:21

i managed to get it working 8-)

now i just need a way the Fader moves smoothly to the value instead of jumping, any ideas ?
Attachments
snapfader.jzml
(6.89KiB)Downloaded 104 times

drain

Post by drain » 12 Oct 2016 20:40

now i found another Problem :(

the Fader is not jumping back to the same value each time, its not precise.

looks like the touch variable on z is not accurate, or is there a better way ?

MrCorba
Regular

Post by MrCorba » 12 Oct 2016 21:27

At the moment I can't think of a nice way to let the fader "slide" to it's last position, but your value problem is luckily much easier:D

The z way you're currently using isn't reliable because there is a bit of a delay and this causes the x to change even the slightiest.

Just change the setLast script to execute on lockbutton.x rises. This way, the moment you press the lock button, the x value is stored in last. And is never changed again until you depress it and press it again.
"Having no silence in music is like having no black or white in a painting" - Brian Eno
https://soundcloud.com/mrcorba

oldgearguy
Regular

Post by oldgearguy » 14 Oct 2016 09:39

Here's something that does what you want (I think).

Play around with the BPM and the delta values to get the speed and smoothness you want.
Attachments
snapSmooth.jzml
(8.34KiB)Downloaded 129 times

oldgearguy
Regular

Post by oldgearguy » 25 Oct 2016 10:02

OP - did you ever download and try this? Just curious if it was what you were looking for.

It's also a generally useful way to do slow modulations/movement (like LFOs, etc). Faster/smoother animations would likely require an 'on frame' script, which is overkill for this and a number of on frames could impact overall responsiveness, so I try to avoid them when possible.

crystaldrone

Post by crystaldrone » 06 Oct 2017 02:31

oldgearguy wrote:OP - did you ever download and try this? Just curious if it was what you were looking for.

It's also a generally useful way to do slow modulations/movement (like LFOs, etc). Faster/smoother animations would likely require an 'on frame' script, which is overkill for this and a number of on frames could impact overall responsiveness, so I try to avoid them when possible.
Works great. Thanks!

Is it at all possible for you to tell me how to reset the faders to send value 100?