Midi CC controller feedback in Cubase

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
mesquire
Midi CC controller feedback in Cubase

Post by mesquire » 06 Oct 2016 03:41

Hi all,
I'm using Lemur for midi CC faders and would love to create a "motorized" fader to see midi data coming back from the Cubase track. Here's the rub, I've managed to use the Midi Send feature in Cubase to send the data back to Lemur, but there doesn't seem to be any way to tell it to only receive the midi data from the selected track. Otherwise the faders receive the CC data from all tracks at once and the faders go haywire.

Anyone found a way of accomplishing this either with this method or any other solutions?

Thanks!

phase_change
Regular

Re: Midi CC controller feedback in Cubase

Post by phase_change » 10 Oct 2016 22:35

I don't know anything about Cubase, but maybe you could use a different channel to send the midi data for the track
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 10 Oct 2016 23:55

try with the Generic Remote Device in Cubase.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

mesquire

Post by mesquire » 11 Dec 2016 11:51

The midi generic remote transmit function is very useful for feedback of faders controlling items from the mixer or other, but I was looking for feedback from my midi cc data - vol, mod, exp, etc

oldgearguy
Regular

Post by oldgearguy » 12 Dec 2016 15:32

The MIDI data coming into Lemur has a channel stamped in the message. You need to create a script to only react to the message with it's particular channel in it and ignore the rest.

mesquire

Post by mesquire » 13 Jan 2017 07:28

oldgearguy wrote:The MIDI data coming into Lemur has a channel stamped in the message. You need to create a script to only react to the message with it's particular channel in it and ignore the rest.
That sounds like something. Do you have any idea how I would do that?

oldgearguy
Regular

Post by oldgearguy » 13 Jan 2017 14:11

I don't have a Lemur environment in front of me, so this will be a bit general...

You need to create a receive script and set the execution condition to be ON MIDI, message type is CC, target is whatever Lemur target you have set up in the Lemur menu (typically 0) and then MIDI channel. See page 73 of the manual for what it might look like and then follow the text there. If I have time this weekend I might be able to work up an example.