Updating only a single value within an array using OSC?

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
amundsen
Regular
Updating only a single value within an array using OSC?

Post by amundsen » 04 Oct 2016 13:20

Hello,

I want to update only a single value within an array in Lemur from Max. Is it possible? How?

Thank you in advance.

phase_change
Regular

Re: Updating only a single value within an array using OSC?

Post by phase_change » 04 Oct 2016 14:28

If you post your code or more about what you're working on I can probably give you an example. If I understand correctly, let's say you have CoolArray{0,1,3,8} and you want to change the value 3 to 8 when SpecificOSCmessage is on. If(SpecificOSCmessage=1){CoolArray[2]==8}. You'll need to add an else or else if condition in order to change the CoolArray[2] value back to 3 or do something else.

Just to add some clarity to the example CoolArray[0] is 0, CoolArray[1] is 1, CoolArray[2] is 3, and CoolArray[4] is 8. If you want to learn more about arrays, go to W3schools and read up on indexed arrays.

Scott
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

amundsen
Regular

Post by amundsen » 04 Oct 2016 15:21

My question is more about the OSC message than about arrays, which I already know.

I have this :
waveform = {0.4, 0.25, 0.3... ...0.5} // 128 values

Is there an OSC message to change only one of these values ?

phase_change
Regular

Post by phase_change » 05 Oct 2016 16:37

Ahh... I see. You're probably coming from a MIDI background moving to OSC. OSC isn't like MIDI - the protocol doesn't define messages like NoteOn, NoteOff, CC, etc. You get to create the address and value. This video will probably do a better job answering your question than I will. You just need to use a script in Lemur to "do stuff" when you get the OSC message.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bupVHvMEAz0
Have you tried turning it off and on again?