Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter anyone?

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
amundsen
Regular
Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter anyone?

Post by amundsen » 01 Oct 2016 12:49

Does anyone use this adapter to connect an iPad to a USB hub to transmit OSC/MIDI messages while charging it?

ZechaOne9

Re: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter anyone?

Post by ZechaOne9 » 18 Oct 2016 10:46

Yeah, I have one of those, it actually works quite well, for that. After that usually the next logical question is "can it be used to hook up an interface, (audio and/or midi) on one side and a controller on the other"? As of now, it does not. I was hoping for something to that effect but of course Apple found some way to limit it's functionality. :x Simply put, if one side is used for your audio/midi controller, then the other side can only be used for power, inside the overgrown adapter like all Apple adapters is a chip that relays and switches. Just to clarify, I have tried this on my iPad Air 2 and iPad 4 running IOS 9. But maybe it will save you some time and getting your hopes up trying to do the impossible. Maybe this will be different in IOS 10+...And if that wasn't your next question, my bad! :P Anything else u wanna know?

amundsen
Regular

Re: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter anyone?

Post by amundsen » 27 Oct 2016 09:24

Actually it works quite well on an iPad retina (4) running iOS 10 and connected to an IK Multimedia iRig MIDI 2 interface.