multiball physics switch

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
whitelobster
multiball physics switch

Post by whitelobster » 27 Sep 2016 21:48

Hello

I'm trying to create a button that switches a multiball between mass spring and 'none' mode for the physics setting but am having trouble figuring out what is the most direct way to address the multiball physics variables. I've looked through the manual however I think I'm missing some basic terminology as I'd imagine this is a pretty basic concept, switching multiball internal variables via external menu or switch objects. What would be the most direct way to setup a button to switch between none/mass-spring modes? Also what is the best way to target other internal variables such as speed, friction, etc? I attempted to create an expression called 'speed' inside the multiball object however this seemed to have no effect regardless of what I set it's value to i.e. speed=0, speed=5 all behaved the same

Thanks!

MrCorba
Regular

Re: multiball physics switch

Post by MrCorba » 28 Sep 2016 21:47

I think terminology is the source for misconception here. Variables in Lemur are also called expressions. For a Fader this is x and for a multiball they are x, y and z.

What you are looking for are attributes. If you take the Lemur User Guide and check the MultiBall Object's attributes you'll see:

psysic 0-2 physics mode – None, Interpolate, Mass- Spring

So you can change the physic settings with a switch and a script. In the switch you just put:

Code: Select all

setattribute(MultiBall, 'psysic', *value_you_want*)
For you seconds question please check around Lemur Page 68 because this example is almost exactly used in the user guide;)
"Having no silence in music is like having no black or white in a painting" - Brian Eno
https://soundcloud.com/mrcorba