system exclusive questions

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
bgerkes
system exclusive questions

Post by bgerkes » 14 Aug 2016 08:12

Hi, although I am a noob in Lemur, I really would like to have an editor for the Moog Voyager. Before I dive into it, II need some answers. Hopefully someone who knows the answers is willing answer.

1. For this editor it is needed that Lemur does a sys-ex preset dump request and receive that sys-ex message, which is always 154 bytes long.
Can Lemur do that?

2. Lemur must be capable of editing the sys-ex bytes on *bit* level. The Moog parameters do not have dedicated bytes but can start on any *bit* in the bytes and can also end up in a next byte.
Can Lemur do that?

3. Can Lemur send out 154 bytes sys-ex messages?

So pushing a button should do the three things above: call up a sysex message, alter it on bit level and send it back. Is this possible?

It is not meant to be used as a real time controller (most parameters on the Moog have MIDI CC and/or NRPN controllers) but many important menu parameters, like setting the filter poles, can only be altered the above way.
As a sound designer it would save tons of time to have an iPad editor that can change those parameters on a single screen.

Thanks in advance!

Boele