using Legato w/ Sequencer Objects??

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
frankfurter
using Legato w/ Sequencer Objects??

Post by frankfurter » 13 Jun 2016 22:33

can someone explain to me how the legato expression works and how to use it properly on the StepNote (or any sequencer) objects?

can't seem to get it working properly & the documentation isn't very deep soooo i'm wondering if i'm just doing something wrong or i'm just expecting it to do something different than what it actually does..

does it take just a 0 or 1 value or an array of values for each step? or something else?

i've tried both of these and can't get it to work.

when i turn legato on using an array of 1's for each step, I can hear the note length change, and my note length slider disables so i think i am getting it to turn on.

but using a midi monitor, it seems for 2 notes together it spits out two note ons then two note offs
however if i do 3 or more notes together, it just craps out, spitting out note ons and note offs sequentially after 2.

shouldn't it just spit out one note on at the beginning of the note grouping, and then one note off at the end of the group?
or at the very least spit out note ons in sequence, then note offs at the end of the group like i am seeing w/ 2 together?

what am i missing?
thanks yo!