OSC reference

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
FriFlo
OSC reference

Post by FriFlo » 08 Dec 2011 13:52

Hi,

I wonder, if there is a summary of all OSC commands the Lemur can recieve and how they are set up. E.g.: How do you change the names of a menu with a message coming from MaxMSP?
So far, I was only successful to send fader values ...

Thanks.

Macciza
Regular

Re: OSC reference

Post by Macciza » 08 Dec 2011 14:43

High
Pretty much just use the addresses you set up in your project ie /Fader/x, /Container/Fader/x, /Knob/x etc
Also object attributes can be set via OSC with /Object @attribute xx messages.
And there are some others like /interface for switching pages . . .
Lots of info on the old JazzMutant website thats not been transferred over

Cheers
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo » 08 Dec 2011 20:39

Thanks, but I still cannot figure out how to change the Menu items' names. Could you specifically tell me what text I need to send to change them?

nick_liine
Liine Staff

Post by nick_liine » 25 Dec 2011 08:56

FriFlo wrote:Thanks, but I still cannot figure out how to change the Menu items' names. Could you specifically tell me what text I need to send to change them?
The correct attribute name for the Menu items' names is actually 'items'. The documentation is wrong, I have corrected it and will be uploading an updated PDF soon which will include many other minor additions.

This should work to change the items' names from OSC:
/Menu @items foo bar moo

Best regards,
Nick