Monitoring MIDI_ARGS

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Primal Punk
Monitoring MIDI_ARGS

Post by Primal Punk » 31 Mar 2016 16:42

Hey, quick question...

I have a Roland JD-Xi that I'm trying to make an interface for and it sends SysEx messages. I have set up a monitor to display the MIDI_ARGS and it works fine in the Lemur app on my android tablet but I was wondering if there is any way to let it also be displayed on the monitor within the Lemur Editor on my PC?

It would just save so much time to be able to change some parameter on the synth and then copy-paste the value from the monitor to the Lemur object I wan't to control that parameter.

Is this possible or do I just need to continue typing like there's no tomorrow?
Hardware: Roland AIRA MX-1, TR-8, System-1, JD-Xi, SP-404sx, Arturia BeatStep Pro, AKAI RhythmWolf, Ableton Push
Software: Ableton Live, Lemur and loads more.

MrCorba
Regular

Re: Monitoring MIDI_ARGS

Post by MrCorba » 31 Mar 2016 18:46

I believe it isn't possible to copy a value from a monitor but you could set a text object to display the text and then it is possible. Just use something like setattribute(Text,'content',MIDI_ARGS)

Hope this helps!
"Having no silence in music is like having no black or white in a painting" - Brian Eno
https://soundcloud.com/mrcorba

Primal Punk

Re: Monitoring MIDI_ARGS

Post by Primal Punk » 01 Apr 2016 13:28

hmm thanks, I'll give it a try next time I go LemurMode. :)
Hardware: Roland AIRA MX-1, TR-8, System-1, JD-Xi, SP-404sx, Arturia BeatStep Pro, AKAI RhythmWolf, Ableton Push
Software: Ableton Live, Lemur and loads more.