Lemur arbitrarily stops responding to incoming midi

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
dalgaard
Lemur arbitrarily stops responding to incoming midi

Post by dalgaard » 28 Mar 2016 21:32

Hello,

I use Lemur to remote control Ableton live. I have set up a system based on a simple, brilliant idea by Macciza to ensure that the setup is working: Lemur sends out a midi note, a midi channel in Live sends the signal back to Lemur, and I have a few objects responding to the midi, one are some flashing leds and the other some green leds turning red if there is no signal coming back from Live after a few seconds. It works well, and the flashing midi in/out lights on the iConnectivity midi interface that the iPad is hooked up to, and the computer's midi interface are further reassurance that everything is stable.

However, I sometime experience that Lemur stops responding to the incoming Midi, though everything is fine. Sometimes switching the Midi source of the incoming Target to something else and switching it back to the right one will do the trick. Turning the iPad on and off always works, but that's too long to be practical during a concert. I can see on the midi interface that the iPad is hooked up to that the midi note is going out from the iPad just fine and coming back as well, but for some reason the objects in Lemur aren't responding anymore. It's fairly rare, sometimes it never happens, sometimes after 4-5 hours, it seems pretty arbitrary. Midi never stops going out from the iPad, it's only a question of Lemur responding.

Are there some parameters to reset or some procedure to "wake up" Lemur to start responding again? Some buffer that's gets overloaded? At one midi note a second for hours and hours we're talking about tens of thousands of incoming midi events, but still I don't see why Lemur should get exhausted...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Best, Johan