Ribbon contoller - not sure if this can be done….

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
stevendieveney
Ribbon contoller - not sure if this can be done….

Post by stevendieveney » 08 Mar 2016 16:24

Can this be done??? Thus far I've got a good pitch bend controller - using a multi slider horizontally with proper tension, friction, etc so that it operates like a great pitch bend controller. I'm using this to control the ribbon on Aurturia's CS-80V. It works fine. But as I'm using this to control the ribbon on the CS-80V I'd like to get it working more like that - if possible.

Right now when I touch the multislider/pitch bend, it (obviously) starts the bend from the middle, goes up or down (with my finger) and snaps back to the middle. What I'd love to figure out is how to have the start point be wherever I set my finger on the controller and then snap back there when I release/take my finger off. Does anyone know if this is possible with scripting?

Thanks so much!

Best,
Steve

MrCorba
Regular

Re: Ribbon contoller - not sure if this can be done….

Post by MrCorba » 09 Mar 2016 07:52

This is very simple to achieve. You just need to create an expression and store the value of x when you press the slider. Create a script to set the expression to current x when you touch it, so when Z increases. Next create a script when you release the slider, so when Z decreases, to set x to the saved value.
"Having no silence in music is like having no black or white in a painting" - Brian Eno
https://soundcloud.com/mrcorba

stevendieveney

Post by stevendieveney » 09 Mar 2016 22:10

This sounds great. What is the code for setting a variable to current.x? I can't seem to find it. Thanks so much.

stevendieveney

Post by stevendieveney » 09 Mar 2016 22:18

MrCorba.... I got it... Thanks. Your advice was perfect.