Sending MIDI values after loading a preset

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Perun
Sending MIDI values after loading a preset

Post by Perun » 01 Mar 2016 10:50

Hello community,

I created a few projects in the Lemur Editor and stored them as user Presets in the iPad. I use several faders which send Control Change values.
Here is my problem:
1. When I load the Factory preset "AB Faderlab" I can see (in the Logic X Click & Ports) MIDI Monitor that there are many CC sent during the Preset loading.
2. When I load my user Lemur project the initial values are not sent.

I need to send the Fader values during preset loading. What am I missing?

Best

Phil999
Regular

Re: Sending MIDI values after loading a preset

Post by Phil999 » 01 Mar 2016 19:20

you can run a script "On Load". Which means, this script will be executed once, after loading the template. This is often used to initialise some settings, graphics, etc., but in this case it can be used to send MIDI as well.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

Perun

Post by Perun » 01 Mar 2016 23:17

Thanks for the input Phil !
Could you provide a very simple script example of say two Faders (CC) which send their values during the Preset loading.
I'm a novice in Lemur scripting (cause the lack of info), however I have some Kontakt KSP and Java Script MIDI experience so I can see the idea.
Thanks

Phil999
Regular

Post by Phil999 » 02 Mar 2016 21:24

the Lemur manual is your friend if you want to send MIDI notes, CC's, clock, start commands, OSC, etc.

Believe me, this is the best way to learn. This is neither elitist nor arrogant, it's just the best way to learn the basics.

You may also take a look at existing relevant templates in the editor. I also started without any knowledge, and simply analysed many templates from the user library. Two weeks later (I'm slow) I already got my first primitive script running. In the end it's not difficult at all.

Feel free to ask any question if you're unsure. ;)
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

Perun

Post by Perun » 06 Mar 2016 14:26

Thanks Phil,

You are right. It took 2-3 days to get the basics reading the manual Scripting data and looking at some projects.
I'll post if I have more questions.
Best