How to switch tabs in project by CC from Cubase

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Musicmind
How to switch tabs in project by CC from Cubase

Post by Musicmind » 20 Feb 2016 11:49

Hi
I have bought the Midi Kinetics Composer Tool, but I think it's a bit too heavy for my purpose.
What I like about it is that when I select a midi-track in Cubase, I can - by pressing a Recall button in Composer Tool - make Composer Tool switch to a layout/preset the in my template.

The replace button sends midi cc127 - value 127 to Cubase and the track is programmed to return cc127 val 1 (for preset 1/layout 1) to Composer Tool.
In this way I can create a tab in a project in Lemur that opens when a specific track is selected.

Can anyone explain me how I can select a tab in my project by sending a CC from Cubase?
I know the commands selecttab() but I need examples to see how it can be done.

And a final question: Am I the only one who would benefit of a line-up of scenarios for Lemur? I mean Lemur & Cubase, how to establish communication and how to use the commands. The advanced programming methods (IF, Then Else, Loops and so on) is described in countless books but the basics of the connectivity is difficult to find information about.

Thanks for taking your time

Phil999
Regular

Re: How to switch tabs in project by CC from Cubase

Post by Phil999 » 20 Feb 2016 13:25

maybe just make a test with the selecttab() command. Create a couple of pads with a script to select those tabs.

Sorry if that doesn't help, but I think you are very close and you'll find the solution tomorrow.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro

Musicmind

Post by Musicmind » 23 Feb 2016 09:45

:D
Hi Phil999
Thanks a lot. But I know how to switch tabs from a pad or button, I need to be able to select tabs from a midi CC received from Cubase running on my computer.

MrCorba
Regular

Post by MrCorba » 23 Feb 2016 09:49

Create an On Midi script that receives the cc. And then use the selecttab() function to select the desired tab.
"Having no silence in music is like having no black or white in a painting" - Brian Eno
https://soundcloud.com/mrcorba