ShoveD

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
wul
Regular
ShoveD

Post by wul » 01 Feb 2016 22:22

I have updated Shove to ShoveD
It has a much improved display
Better encoder operation with linear action as well as adjustable resolution.
The touchstrip is identical in operation and appearance to push,
With the added velocity, pressure and encoder resolution.
But best of all the works with the amazing PXT Live etc. from NativeKontrol just change the tab to user mode .
zoom either mode for larger pads

shoveD@gmx.com. For details
image.jpg
ShoveD
image.jpg (74.32KiB)Viewed 2938 times

Oh, I almost forgot the update also includes the Livid Base emulator
image.jpg
BaseD
image.jpg (31.01KiB)Viewed 3010 times
Last edited by wul on 07 Feb 2016 16:27, edited 3 times in total.

Macciza
Regular

Re: ShoveD

Post by Macciza » 06 Feb 2016 02:00

Looks good
Had a bit of a hack at a Base a while ago, but lots of stuff trapped inside a HD in deadish computer..
Cheers
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

Phil999
Regular

Re: ShoveD

Post by Phil999 » 07 Feb 2016 00:18

since it's MIDI based, the connection can be done via cable. Which is possible natively for Mac users I guess, but for Windows user there is also a solution with Studiomux.

Instead of creating 2 or 4 (when PXT is also used) virtual ports on your computer, these ports can be created from the iPad itself, and it needs only half of the ports because they are bi-directional. Here's a short tutorial:

1. run Studiomux and create one virtual port (two if you have PXT). This will create a virtual MIDI port with in- and output that can be accessed by iPad apps and your computer.
2. connect the iPad to the computer using the standard charging cable.
3. run Lemur with shoveD, and connect MIDI0 in and out to the Studiomux virtual port.
4. run Live. In case it was already running simply restart Live and assign the MIDI ports accordingly.

Quick, easy setup, no need for wifi network, and no need to setup virtual ports on your computer. I'm using Studiomux for most tasks now. It can also transmit and receive OSC and audio. Pretty much perfect solution.

Edit: actually you can leave out step 1. Connect Lemur to the already existing Studiomux port, and on the computer select that port for in and out. You only need extra virtual ports if you use more than one virtual device (shoveD, BaseD).

Edit2: hm, on another machine it is necessary to create a virtual port in Studiomux. For some reason unknown to me sometimes the already existing Studiomux port is not recognised by Lemur. Doesn't matter actually, setup is still very easy.

If you use ShoveD and BaseD in the same template (wul provided such a template in the recent update), you only have to create two virtual ports in Studiomux. I usually call them L0 and L2 (because in this template ShoveD is on Lemur port 0 and BaseD is on Lemur port 2). In Ableton Live's Link/MIDI settings select the according ports for these control surfaces, they will look like L0@iPad and L2@iPad.

Maybe still a bit complicated all this. I can see that a total novice could be confused by all this talk about virtual ports. Maybe I'll do an illustrated setup guide some day to show how simple it is.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro