Open Interface via Midi Program Change

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Gass n Klang
Open Interface via Midi Program Change

Post by Gass n Klang » 30 Jan 2016 19:19

Hey guys,
I'd like to open an Interface when receiving a dedicated Program Change. How to do that?

Gass n Klang

Re: Open Interface via Midi Program Change

Post by Gass n Klang » 30 Jan 2016 19:54

sorry guys, I got it!

Gass n Klang

Post by Gass n Klang » 18 Feb 2016 02:55

well I thought I got it. One thing: I tried the "selectinterface" command. Is there a chance to select an interface by triggering the NAME of the interface? Let's say we have three interfaces A, B and C. Is it possible to select interface "C" or do I have to select interface "3"?
Background of that question: I want my laptop to open the right interface on Lemur. Each interface will be a song called by the songname. If I've got Song A and C it will be interface 1 and 2. But if later comes song B to the set, song C now will be interface 3. So my laptop will load the wrong interface. Loading the names instead of the numbers would prevent that problem.

Gass n Klang

Post by Gass n Klang » 20 Feb 2016 17:38

come on guys is that really not possible? All I wanna do is to assign an incoming Program Change to a specific interface and not just to the third or fourth interface in alphabetical order.

MrCorba
Regular

Post by MrCorba » 21 Feb 2016 22:01

Maybe this solves your problem. It's not the best, but it's something *insert meme here*.

The project has an expression with all the song names, sorted by interface order. This expression is filled in the fillSongnames Script. Then there's a script that excepts a song name and then checks every songname in the expression to see a matching one. When the script finds a match, it's switches to that interface.

You'd still have to add a new song name to the expression every time but besides that it should run w/o troubles.

*Reminder: because it's using a for-loop, the speed of the function will descent with the number of songs. And that all depends on the rest of your template;)
Attachments
InterfaceSongName.jzml
(4.88KiB)Downloaded 88 times
"Having no silence in music is like having no black or white in a painting" - Brian Eno
https://soundcloud.com/mrcorba