Shift/Hold function style button for controlled multi-mutes

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Prokat99
Shift/Hold function style button for controlled multi-mutes

Post by Prokat99 » 31 Dec 2015 16:31

So I'm pretty sure this is possible in lemur, but as usual, I don't really know how to do it. Any help is always very much appreciated.

The idea would be to have a "master" button that would allow me to setup several other buttons to each send a value, but, not send that value until the "master" button is pushed. One example of this is in use would be to have say 16 toggle buttons with each one controlling the mute toggle on a track in ableton. When you want to create a "breakdown" in the track, normally you would have to quickly "mute" any track(s) you want removed from the song. This can be near impossible if you have several tracks to mute and very little time to do it. The idea is the "master" button, when toggled, would hold off sending the selected buttons' (1 - 16) mute messages until you hit the master button once more.

If anyone owns an Elektron Analog RYTM, this is the same function as when you go to the "mute" page and hold the "funciton" key. While holding down the "function" key, you can select which tracks are to be muted/unmuted but doesn't perform the mutes until you let go of the funciton key.

If anyone has any ideas, please share.

Cheers and happy new year!!!

ps. does this idea already have a name? like toggle gating or something? I tried searching for help first before posting a new topic but I couldn't think of what to call this.

MrCorba
Regular

Re: Shift/Hold function style button for controlled multi-mu

Post by MrCorba » 01 Jan 2016 16:53

Do you want to be able to use the Switches only with the MasterMute or do you also want to be able to use them "normally"?

If you only want the MasterMute then this should work. Comments explain everything and otherwise just ask;)

Cheers!
Attachments
MasterMute.jzml
(2.77KiB)Downloaded 129 times
"Having no silence in music is like having no black or white in a painting" - Brian Eno
https://soundcloud.com/mrcorba

Prokat99

Post by Prokat99 » 25 Feb 2016 05:29

Dude Thanks! Sorry about the late reply. I didn't have "subscribe" on apparently.

I'll check it out and hit you up with some questions if I stumble.

Cheers!

Psyka

Post by Psyka » 05 Apr 2016 09:30

Hi :)

Good job for that! I look for the same thing but with osc, not midi. Is-it possible?

The perfect case for me is :
- use with pad, not switch
- only mastermute can send osc information (pad alone not work), like the midi version you already make.

Thaaank you very much for your help :D

MrCorba
Regular

Post by MrCorba » 05 Apr 2016 10:06

I think this should help a bit. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with OSC so you need to figure out how to do that yourself (or with help from someone else ;) )

Cheers!
Attachments
MultiMutePads.jzml
(4.33KiB)Downloaded 106 times
"Having no silence in music is like having no black or white in a painting" - Brian Eno
https://soundcloud.com/mrcorba

Psyka

Post by Psyka » 05 Apr 2016 11:46

Thank you for your speed!! :shock:

I will try this tonight ;)

:D :D

Psyka

Post by Psyka » 08 Apr 2016 12:27

Hi :)

I try your second template, and I don't know why but that doesn't work.
I would use it in a soft to control light, the soft is QLC +.
When I use pad, lemur send osc message... Sadly, when I use Master button, the program receive only osc message of the Master (not the pad).
An then, whatever the pad I use, QLC + receive all the same OSC information (like if I have only one pad).
I don't know if that i a software problem or a problem with the template.
I try your first template with Traktor (dj soft), and with midi that work perfectly.

I'm going crazy with that ^^

Many thanks :)

Psyka

Post by Psyka » 12 Apr 2016 17:14

Hi again :)

Finaly I solve my problem with osc and midi, my soft now work with the IAC midi (with a mac). So that work very well with your first template thank you ;)

I would also ask you if it's possible to add two more functionality :
- Is the same function can work with a fader or a knob?
- is it possible all the functions work normaly (I mean if we use a pad, it send midi out without use master), and the master function work just if it's activated by another button? (Just if it's simple to do that). I don't know if it's clear.

But a big thank to your first job, I will use it a lot :)

Psyka

Post by Psyka » 21 Apr 2016 07:44

Hello guys.

I finally made my own template for my light software with the help of this topic :)
I have a last litlle problem to finish him.
I create 103 switches, and I would switches4 send midi15 cc4, switch87 send midi 15 cc87, etc...

In the script of the master button :
cc : I have to put all the number {0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,...,103}, But I can't write after the number 85 (not enough space).
act : that work perfectly for Switches 1 to 6, but I have the same problem, thereis not enough space to continue.

I'm sure it's a simple problem, but I spend 2 hours yesterday without result :(
I'm quite at the end of my template project, this is why I really appreciate help to finish that.

Thank you very much for your time :)
Attachments
MasterMute (problem).jzml
(144.54KiB)Downloaded 105 times