StepNote Clock

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
rad3d
StepNote Clock

Post by rad3d » 23 Dec 2015 20:23

I'm trying to use multiple StepNote objects, each being controlled by a different clock, but for some reason they only seem to respond to Midi Clock0.

I've both tried changing the StepNote clock setting directly, and also by using setattribute (which tests correctly with getattribute), but no matter what I do, the StepNote object only plays on Clock0.

Is this a known issue - or is there something I'm possibly doing wrong?

I prepared a small, 10KB test file, but the board says the attachment quota has been reached.

rad3d

Re: StepNote Clock

Post by rad3d » 24 Dec 2015 00:26

Looks like the attachment quota has been lifted...

Here's a test file that allows you to set the clock source of a StepNote object between either Clock0 or Clock2, and start either of the 2 Clocks. In this example - If you set the StepNote object to 2, you can only start it from Clock0.

Let me know if anyone can shed some light on this.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
stepnoteclock.jzml
(9.92KiB)Downloaded 145 times

ndivuyo
Regular

Post by ndivuyo » 24 Dec 2015 06:04

Hmm I don't really use stepObjects, but AFAIK it looks like a bug. Try PMing Nick about this or posting on the Facebook group maybe?

In the meantime you can use the Pad objects for sequencing with multiple clock sources and use the 'light' expression to show visual feedback of the current step.

Hope that helps

rad3d

Post by rad3d » 24 Dec 2015 11:06

Thanks.

I went ahead and tried similar using StepSwitches and the different Clocks do appear to work with it - though Swing doesn't appear to work (one of the reasons I went with the Step objects). Regardless, StepSwitch has me moving forward again.