How to get a button on the lemur to trigger via midi message

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
afterlight
How to get a button on the lemur to trigger via midi message

Post by afterlight » 19 Oct 2015 19:45

Hi there,

I'm a big fan of Midi Kinetics Composer Tools template. I'm trying to change one thing and struggling to get it to work. There is a button on the template called "Recall", which is what you use to send a midi message to Cubase (cont controller 127, value 127). The purpose of this is to switch articulation page to the relevant track you are on in Cubase, and in Cubase, one has a transformer which turns that midi message into a midi send going out, with an individual controller number to tell the Lemur which page to switch to. It's convoluted because of necessity, but I was trying to figure out another way.

I've set up a generic remote in Cubase to send out a midi message (it could be anything, but currently have it as a note on, on its own midi channel/port to the lemur so as not to confuse).

What I would like to be able to do is have that midi message "trigger" that recall button.

The button is currently scripted as follows - it's set as a script titled out(), execution on expression, set to X

if(editmode==-1)ctlout(outportperf,recallCC,127,1);

I tried switching this to execution On MIDI, 90 - Note On, midi port 7 (this is the port I'm sending the note on message to when selecting a track in Cubase), 0 to 127, 1 to 16
Then left the line below the same as above.

What am I doing wrong?

Many, many thanks for any pointers!!

Stephen