Microsoft Surface Just Getting Better...

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Phil999
Regular
Re: Microsoft Surface Just Getting Better...

Post by Phil999 » 15 Nov 2015 23:02

it's true that I'm an early adopter of multitouch technology. But it didn't come to fruition as I hoped. Until today I might add. I still think it may become 'mainstream' some day. The iPad with Lemur/TouchOSC (and other control apps) changed this in 2012, with great effect, but it's only a tablet with rather small size. Still a valuable tool which I use every day. Not complaining at all.

What I've done so far was done in Lemur. Programmer templates for Aalto, Diva, Reaktor Ensembles, and a couple of other softsynths, samplers, and Samplemodeling instruments. A good keyboard controller was designed by Softcore, not sure if that one has been mentioned in this thread. Haven't used that one often because I prefer hardware keyboards, ribbon/theremin controllers, and the EWI 4000s wind controller. I've also created Lemur controllers for specific tasks for hardware MIDI-CV interfaces and the Doepfer 16/3 sequencer. Lemur is really great for such things, the simpler things can be done in short time. Konkreet Performer is another app I used a lot with Reaktor, and there's also TC-Data which I still hesitate to buy (it's $20).

With Ctrlr it is, for me at least, much more difficult. And with Usine I didn't have the time and nerve to mess around more.

All this stuff is time intensive. For the moment I concentrate on the KMI QuNeo and the 16/3 sequencer for direct interaction with hardware and software synths. With help from DAW/iPad sequencers/MIDI/Lemur controllers, but it quickly becomes quite complicated. Still searching for the perfect controller/programmer setup using everything that is available (touchscreens, tablets, smartphones, and hardware knobs, levers, antennas and camera trackers like Leap Motion).

I guess in a year or two I will have a real good setup for direct interaction and sound tweaking.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro