Monitor beats with a flashing pad

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
drmq
Monitor beats with a flashing pad

Post by drmq » 18 Sep 2015 20:48

Hi everybody, Id like to get a square (maybe a pad?) that lights up (changes colour) for a short time at every host beat (host bpm). The basic idea here is be able to follow the rhythm without sound in a live session. How would you approach that? Im completely lost... Im working with Cubase.
All the best,
mq

ndivuyo
Regular

Re: Monitor beats with a flashing pad

Post by ndivuyo » 19 Sep 2015 05:26

Hey,
I don't use cubase, but I know you can get the clock info and do some simple scripting to achieve your goal.

Or you could do kind of a simple work around with the step objects if you just need anything to see the tempo.
-- for example, you could use a step switch/any of them I think, and set the number of steps to 2 (or 4 or whatever).
-- Then in the lemur app (on the ipad/android), go to the settings and turn on "save clocks to MIDI".
-- Then use lemur daemon or whatever you use to set your MIDI ins and outs to Cubase.
Then the step objects will sequence those two steps on beat, giving you the visual bpm. You can adjust note division too no problem, and use simple scripting to change the note division and other attributes.

The way above is kind of taking advantage of the step objects for a work around, but you can also just do a simple script for it.

Don't feel like typing anymore now so..
If you want a break down of using a simple script let me know, I'll be glad to share (or someone else can). Otherwise if that workaround above is good enough, use that.
hope it helps