Auto OSC message every 3 seconds?

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Prokat99
Auto OSC message every 3 seconds?

Post by Prokat99 » 08 Sep 2015 06:06

Hi there,
I have a quick question. Is it possible to create a way to send an OSC message every 3 seconds automatically from Lemur?
I'm having an issue with my behringer X32 mixer and Lemur/OSCulaor. Basically, the X32 seems to go to "sleep" after not receiving an OSC message for 20 or so seconds. When I send a new bundle of messages ( 4 all together) half are not received. It's very strange. Everything works greatuntil another 2 sec gap occurs.

I tried using a multi ball with zero friction, but it only sends continous data which occasionally seems to clog up flow too. Also, I'm hoping I can create something totally automatic so I don't have to start it up like the multiball.

Is it possible?

Thabk you in advanxe

MrCorba
Regular

Re: Auto OSC message every 3 seconds?

Post by MrCorba » 08 Sep 2015 12:25

If you create a script set to On Expression with the expression time%3 and the trigger setting set to decreases, the script will trigger every 3 seconds. Now you can put anything you want in the script to be executed automatically from startup. If you want another time format, just change the 3 to the number of seconds. I've added a example which sets a monitor to a random digit every three seconds.

Cheers!
Attachments
AutomaticExample.jzml
(1.26KiB)Downloaded 97 times
"Having no silence in music is like having no black or white in a painting" - Brian Eno
https://soundcloud.com/mrcorba

ndivuyo
Regular

Post by ndivuyo » 09 Sep 2015 02:19

Nice, that is a clean way to do it. Thanks MrCobra for that know-how

Prokat99

Post by Prokat99 » 10 Sep 2015 15:53

Thank you MrCorba!

This forum rocks! If it wasn't for this place, I would probably never be able to use Lemur.

Thanks again

Prokat99

Post by Prokat99 » 10 Sep 2015 17:05

Alright,

I've spent the last hour trying everything I know to apply the file you (MrCorba) sent to my needs. Let me say right now that I am not a programmer by any means. I am simply a musician who is trying to create a simple remote control for my behringer X32. Needless to say I am way over my head.
I totally understand the philosophy of "teach a man to fish" but all I really need is just one single fish......
With that said, I'm pleading to anyone to help me create this one action. My original post explains my predicament. But to be more specific, I need an automatic action with that occurs about every 2-10 seconds that will send the following osc command to my X32:
/ch/01/mix/09/on

In case it helps in any way here is the main goal. I am sending each track in my X32 to two separate sub groups only. The first Sub Group goes to the main L/R and the second goes out to external effects, then back in to the Main L/R. Only one subgroup per channel is active while the other is off. The point is to have the ability to send any track to the effects subgroup, or directly to the mains at my discretion. Therefore I can remix my live performance on a track by track basis. I've also included a button that triggers all of the tracks together, sending them all to the effects or directly to the Main L/R. I perform electronica music and I want to have as much room for improv as I can. For example, I could have every track (drums, keys, guitar, etc.....) be effected by a low pass filter while keeping my vocals clean. Then, at a push of a few buttons, I could just have the keys and guitar effected but everything else be "clean." I've attached the file below that I'm using. I run this on an iPod touch 4gen.

Anyway, sorry for the explanation overkill. And sorry for being such a noob, but if anyone wouldn't mind helping me, I would be forever in your debt.
Thanks!
Attachments
FreeBOT Performance.jzml
(81.62KiB)Downloaded 78 times

Prokat99

Post by Prokat99 » 10 Sep 2015 19:58

YAY!!!!!!!!! Alright, I stuck with it and figured it out.
Thanks again MrCorba!

MrCorba
Regular

Post by MrCorba » 10 Sep 2015 20:03

I just saw your post, but even better you've figured it out yourself. You learn much more from that!

Cheers
"Having no silence in music is like having no black or white in a painting" - Brian Eno
https://soundcloud.com/mrcorba