Lemur To Lemur OSC atrribute control syntax

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
ForestCat
Regular
Lemur To Lemur OSC atrribute control syntax

Post by ForestCat » 02 Sep 2015 04:01

Hopefully this might save someone else from what I went though today...

If you are using Lemur to interact w/ another Lemur, and you desire to change any object attributes i.e. @content, @column, etc. on the second ("target") Lemur, the docs are NOT EVEN CLOSE, and there is nothing on the web/this forum as of today re: this.

Assume the following:
Bidirectional OSC is properly configured & the devices are communicating, the "target" lemur mapped to OSC 0 on the "source" lemur.
On the "target" Lemur, a text object named Text1 w/ either the default OSC address in the mapping panel, or a custom address of /Text1, who's content we'd like to change.
On the "source/controlling" Lemur, a script attached to whatever will be doing the changing, containing the following:

oscout(0,'/Text1',{'@content', 'Hello'});

I STRONGLY suggest you copy & paste the above into a good text editor w/ a readable font, as the EXACT location of braces and quotes is CRITICAL, and in this browser, they are really hard to see in the default forum font.

another example: oscout(0,'/Pad1',{'@column', 2});

I'm thinking this recipe should work for most objects/attributes, but please contribute to the thread if you find differently. I don't think there's that many folks doing the Lemur to Lemur thing, but if so, this may be of help to you.

Phil999
Regular

Re: Lemur To Lemur OSC atrribute control syntax

Post by Phil999 » 03 Sep 2015 14:58

hey thanks, this is good info. I haven't done any Lemur-Lemur connection yet, but wanted to try it out sooner or later.
Formant+Eurorack, PPG wave 2.2, Korg MS-20, etc., EWI 4000s, QuNeo, etc., Mixbus32c, u-he, MadronaLabs, Samplemodeling, NI, etc., iPad2/4/Pro