Help needed converting midi in cc to program change out

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
xylograph
Help needed converting midi in cc to program change out

Post by xylograph » 03 Aug 2015 11:51

Hi all,

Since I am really new to the Lemur (+editor) I wanted to ask for some help and hope you guys can help out..

If possible I would like to use Lemur to convert 2 momentary buttons CC80 & CC83 (1-127) from my hardware sending out on midichannel 1 to two Midi Program Change increment/decrement buttons.

Now I found an almost exactly what I need example (except the fader) on this forum created by zvukofor:
https://forum.liine.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1104#p4205

Is it somehow possible to map the increment/decrement/pc button of this example to my hardware controller buttons ?
Any help (with script example) would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks in advance !

Softcore
Regular

Re: Help needed converting midi in cc to program change out

Post by Softcore » 03 Aug 2015 14:29

Are they really 1 - 127 or 0 - 127? Your hardware buttons?

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 03 Aug 2015 14:51

Well in fact, I dont care about that... :p

here is the fastest way to do what you are after.....

How it works:
We create two Pad objects and map the x expressions to the desired CC 80 and CC 83 ch1. In my example Im using midi target 0 - feel free to change it to the desired one.
here is a trick though: UNTICKED variables in the project panel RETAIN their mapping, they just dont send OUT the mapped parameters. In simple words, having the Pads mapped to CC 80 and CC 83 but having the "x" unticked in the project panel, means that the Pads RESPOND (turn on) when they receive CC 80 and CC 83 but they do not SEND OUT CC 80 and CC 83 when pressed. (or when they receive said values).

Now, we use a global "pres" expression and we use some scripting inside the Decrement and Increment Pads to cycle from 0 to 127 and then back to 0.

lastly we use custom midi messages, set to send program change messages - look for the PCdec and PCinc custom midi messages inside the pads - again I have used midi target 0 - feel free to change to whatever you need.

So to recap, the "x'" midi target is the one you send FROM your hardware TO Lemur - the PCdec and PCinc midi target is the one where you send FROM lemur to OUTside world for program change messages.

Connect your hardware buttons and it should work.
Attachments
ProgramChangePadsMappedToCC.jzml
(6.02KiB)Downloaded 103 times

freepuppies

Post by freepuppies » 04 Aug 2015 04:21

SOFTCORE!! Always the best. Thanks, I needed some help with this too

xylograph

Post by xylograph » 04 Aug 2015 05:48

Softcore wrote:Are they really 1 - 127 or 0 - 127? Your hardware buttons?
You are absolutely right and I am sorry for that ;)

Thanks a million for the example !! Can't wait to try it out and study this and I suppose it will come in handy for others also :)

Thanks again !

Kind regards, Xylo