LSB/MSB value for fader (Nord Drum 2)?

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
x15
LSB/MSB value for fader (Nord Drum 2)?

Post by x15 » 30 Jun 2015 09:50

This is the last step for my Nord Drum 2 editor, to be able to change the pitch.. It would be great if it could be solved and i can put up the editor on Lemur's site.

The Nord Drum 2 manual says it requires these values (LSB and MSB) for the CC (63) to be recognized, and that you should transmit the LSB value first, then the MSB value.

How would i accomplish this on a fader to be able to change the pitch? If someone knows a module i could import, or perhaps if someone who's more skilled than i (i got Lemur yesterday) could make one for me i would be very grateful! Thanks.

x15

Re: LSB/MSB value for fader (Nord Drum 2)?

Post by x15 » 03 Jul 2015 12:01

So i guess this isn't possible (or just too advanced for anyone here).

Guess it's not too bad, it's just one function i have to use the ND2 for, but it would've been nice to be able to change all parameters using the ipad.

pwdm

Post by pwdm » 03 Jul 2015 12:08

I am not sure how it is achieved but there are many examples of using MSB and LSB here in the forums and in the user library.

x15

Post by x15 » 05 Jul 2015 12:17

Not sure about many (neither LSB or MSB gives any hits in the user library), but i've found something here https://forum.liine.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3813

No idea what "it just needs the msb and lsb included in a custom midi message" means or how to achieve that for my editor.

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 07 Jul 2015 00:50

Hi
14 bit data is usually sent as 2 cc messages, Lsb and msb, 32 apart- so prob cc31 and cc63 in your case
These cc numbers would need to be put into that project for it to work properly
There are prob a few other versions of things that will do the same thing
Have do be one myself as well, will have a look and try to post later
Hth
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

x15

Post by x15 » 07 Jul 2015 02:21

Thanks for the reply.

It would be great if this could be solved :) i've seen people requesting a ND2 editor on various forums so any help with this would be appreciated by a lot of people. I guess i could release it without the pitch function, but it would feel like an incomplete editor since pitch is pretty important for creating sounds.

I'm by no means a programmer myself, to be honest I basically bought Lemur to download already finished editors, i'm even surprised i've made an almost finished editor (much due to help from this community) :lol: