Getting Lemur to display automation changes?

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
will_m
Getting Lemur to display automation changes?

Post by will_m » 29 Jun 2015 15:35

Hi guys, I'm still pretty new to Lemur but having lots of fun with it and even the simple template I have currently is proving a real time saver. What I'm trying to achieve is when I program some mod wheel data into Cubase is have the mod wheel I've created in lemur respond and move in real time to the changes in automation in Cubase. Currently when the fader I have created just stays in the in same position and won't read read the automation data. Is this possible in Lemur and what do I need to do to achieve it? Also looking to create a pitch bend wheel, currently I can make a fader that controls pitch but it starts from the bottom of the fader just like a volume one, how do I create one that starts in the middle and snaps back to middle position? Any help would be much appreciated!

ndivuyo
Regular

Re: Getting Lemur to display automation changes?

Post by ndivuyo » 29 Jun 2015 19:45

I'm sure what you want to do is possible.
So the automation takes place in Cubase right? And you want the fader in lemur to move with that automation correct?
I don't use cubase, so either someone can help or you're on your own with this part, but you need to somehow send that automation data as MIDI (or OSC if you can in cubase) to the lemur.

From there it is simple mapping/scripting. You will also need to do a little scripting to prevent feedback (incoming and outgoing values conflicting) that should be really easy though.
So depending on how you can get the data to lemur... you can do it in a few different ways.

Sorry I couldn't be more help, but you will have to figure out the first part first, or hear from a cubase user

will_m

Post by will_m » 30 Jun 2015 16:11

Hi there, thanks for the reply, yes the automation would take place in Cubase (I'm using v8) and Lemur on android, currently using MIDI over wi-fi. The process you've described seems exactly what I'd be looking to do I'm just not sure how to implement it at present.

droman

Post by droman » 27 Jul 2015 09:04

I have the same problem. I tried this, but don't work :(

Fader Script: Execution On Expression X

Code: Select all

if(z==1)    // Only if I touch the fader
{
		ctlout(0,1,x*127,1);   // Send data on Midi 0, Controller 1, x, Channel 1
}
else         // It moves by data automation in Cubase or user moves the fader in Cubase.
{
		ctlout(5,1,x*127,1);  // Send data to unused Midi port 5
}
When I touch the fader, I send the value of x to the correct MIDI port, otherwise, I send data to unused Midi port.

Result, the fader (in Lemur and Cubase) It moves very abruptly when read automation.

ndivuyo
Regular

Post by ndivuyo » 29 Jul 2015 03:51

hey,
You don't need to send a ctlout() message on the "else," unless you want to send the midi somewhere else.

So droman, you are receiving the midi from cubase, but it is jumpy?
how are you receiving the data from cubase?