slider to adjust note velocity of any midi exiting Lemur?

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
eross21
Re: slider to adjust note velocity of any midi exiting Lemur

Post by eross21 » 17 Jun 2015 12:29

also sorry about typing your name wrong Dillon. I don't know if it was the autocorrect, or what happened. lol. thanks again for all your help

ndivuyo
Regular

Post by ndivuyo » 17 Jun 2015 23:56

Hey so will need to do it on your lemur editor on the computer.

-Open the layout up on the editor.
-On the bottom right side of the screen will be a section with all the objects, expressions and their scripts (n more).
-If you click the Pad called "Kick" it will take you right to that object in the scripting section.
-Most objects have an arrow next to them that shows the scripts and expressions they use.
-So open up the "Kick" object and you will see the script called "act()" and an expression called "pitch" (expressions have green dots, scripts have the orange-red color)
-To copy a script or expression, simply highlight it and use the normal copy paste shortcuts. You can only copy and paste one item at a time
-you will paste them into the other Pad objects (I think after the 2 kicks, everything else is called "Pads#"
-To paste into an object, just click on the object, or one of the scripts/expressions inside it and paste (ctrl v)
-Follow my directions in the previous post

If you are confused about the layout of the editor, look it up in the user guide. If that's not good enough, try searching the forums
It really is a simple task to finish, you just need to know where to go

eross21

Post by eross21 » 18 Jun 2015 03:56

dude that worked perfectly. i am so happy to have my controller exactly how i like it. i have 2 questions. 1. what scripting language should i learn, and were, links, videos..etc.? the area were i pasted the act() and pitch,….how do you add that in without copy and paste? and how do you know that adding those 2 things can make such a big difference. I think i need to learn coding, cause that is really cool.
thanks again, I'm super excited to have it all working finally

ndivuyo
Regular

Post by ndivuyo » 19 Jun 2015 18:08

Hey dude,
You can read the user manual or do some searching around here for some lessons/tutorials in scripting on lemur.
I'm sure someone knows some good links for starting out... GUYs anyone got a link????

on the editor in the bottom right section (where you were copy and pasting scripts), at the bottom there are 5 buttons. The furthest button to the right creates a new script (has an orange/red/tan dot next to it when created). The one in the middle (x=?) creates a new expression (they have a green dot next to them). An expression is like a variable/value or it can be an array (list of values).

When you create a script, you can click it, and then in the bottom middle section of the editor you can see what is inside the script (the code).
At the top of the code you can determine when the script is executed (when the code does it's thing). Use the user guide to discover what commands of code you can use. Also at the bottom of the scripting section (bottom right of editor) will be a drop down menu called "internal". Inside will be a list of a lot of commands you can use and their arguments (arguments are kind of like variables for the command, IE in the noteout() command it had arguments for target,pitch, velocity and channel).

Other useful things to learn for the lemur scripting would be:
-decl (declare variables)
-if conditional
-for loop (and stuff for it like "break")

There are some lessons for these things under the jazzmutant site. So search "jazzmutant" and "if then" or something

hope that heps