can someone help me out with something?????

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
digitalson
Regular
can someone help me out with something?????

Post by digitalson » 02 Jun 2015 04:34

in the factory 5 projects there is a project called "ipad studio combo" now im interested in the pads section ,with 12 or 16 pads with a fader that changes the range by the pads and displays the notes,,,,,for the life of me i cant seam to get it to work at all,,,my output fot it will be out on port 2,can someone look at it and see if its me ?or does it not work,,thanks,,,and maybe some suggestions on a alternitive that can do the same thing,,thanks again

ndivuyo
Regular

Re: can someone help me out with something?????

Post by ndivuyo » 02 Jun 2015 06:54

Yeah it works fine
You have to use port 0, unless you change the noteout() in the script called "press"

right now it's:
noteout(0,note,vel,2);

change first argument to desired port

digitalson
Regular

Post by digitalson » 02 Jun 2015 07:15

do the notes change for u? the pads?

digitalson
Regular

Post by digitalson » 02 Jun 2015 17:30

THANKS ..ILL TRY IT TODAY

digitalson
Regular

Post by digitalson » 06 Jun 2015 07:32

yes it does work,thank you,,and btw is there any way to add a velocity slider for the pads? if so can u explain how to do so? its a real nice controller for the chord pads in cubase.....t ,jb

ndivuyo
Regular

Post by ndivuyo » 06 Jun 2015 17:32

You just create a fader, and then go to the script with the noteout() command. Then for the velocity argument, you input the 'x' variable of the fader multiplied by 127.

Looks like they had something going on for velocity already, but the fader should be more customizable.

digitalson
Regular

Post by digitalson » 07 Jun 2015 05:32

did u get it to work? remember im on port 2...how is it scripted?

ndivuyo
Regular

Post by ndivuyo » 07 Jun 2015 07:20

go to the object "Drumpads" and go to the script called "press()"

inside you will find the noteout() line
it's arguments are: (target, note, velocity, channel)
So, if you are on port 2, then change the 'target' argument to 2

If you forget a command's arguments, you can go to the bottom of the scripts, go to "internal" and find the command you want in there with the arguments listed.
If you don't know what an argument does, then you can look it up in the manuals.
That will be helpful for your future lemur endeavors.

digitalson
Regular

Post by digitalson » 09 Jun 2015 00:41

what im asking is how u got the vel slider to work ,i havent tryed it yet ? i dont see any script for it,,,explain,,thanks

ndivuyo
Regular

Post by ndivuyo » 09 Jun 2015 18:29

digitalson did you really read my last post? If you really want to mess with the scripting, I think you should get a little acquainted with the program so you can understand what people are saying and they can help you out. Then you can learn and be able to work it out yourself in the future. Just my 2 cents

To recap from what I said:
"go to the object "Drumpads" and go to the script called "press()""

in the script "press" you will find what you are looking for, the "noteout()" command which sends the MIDI notes out for the Pads.
The version I attached previously should already work (I implemented a velocity fader for you). But in my last post I described what I did to make it work, so you can see it and be able to change it yourself in the future.

If anyything in this or my last post is unclear let me know (but try looking inside the script, refer to the user manual and see if you can figure it out. I know it is confusing at first).
hope that helps