Disable MIDI OUT

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
joachimj
Disable MIDI OUT

Post by joachimj » 29 May 2015 02:21

Hello,

I just want to create a pad or a switch button, to send midi message with it, but I don't want to receive midi message. Then I want to block incoming midi message for this pad, but I absolutely don't know how I can do it...

Thank you !

ndivuyo
Regular

Re: Disable MIDI OUT

Post by ndivuyo » 29 May 2015 06:00

You can't stop it from sending at the other end?
Do you need to receive other MIDI? Because then you can just not setup MIDI to be received in the first place when you set up your midi connections. I'm sure there is a solution, but need a little more detail maybe?

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 29 May 2015 13:43

Create a custom MIDI output. These do not feature bi-directional feedback by default.

joachimj

Post by joachimj » 30 May 2015 05:56

Yes, I need to receive other MIDI... I'll try to create a custom MIDI output, I think it might be the solution. I'll try next week and I'll tell you if it works.

I'm trying to control Serato DJ with Lemur (actually I'm using TB Midi Stuff, and it works perfectly). Serato DJ can be controlled with Note Messages only ; If i create a button, when I push the button (pad or switch) on the iPad, the button's feedback isn't correct (and tried many and many solutions and parameters during 3 days). It's not a problem for me because I can use a LED to have the correct feedback. BUT, if I push the button on Serato DJ, the feedback is correct. My problem is : I want the same visual reaction when I push the button on the iPad or on Serato DJ. With TB Midi Stuff, I have disabled the bi-directional MIDI messages, and there's a very usefull feature : we can change a button's color with a midi channel (you can choose the color range and 3 or 4 midi channels if you want).

I hope you can understand me because I'm French ;)

Thanks

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 02 Jun 2015 19:02

Yeah I understand you no worries. A custom midi message for your pads is what you are after - those will not make the pads "respond" to incoming messages.

;)

joachimj

Post by joachimj » 02 Jun 2015 21:54

I just tried with one pad, and yes now it works !!!

Thank you !!! :-)