Ramp Values of Switches...

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
metamorfosis18
Ramp Values of Switches...

Post by metamorfosis18 » 26 May 2015 18:20

HI everyone, how can I ramp the value of this switches. I want to assign them to a fader but instead of making the fader jump abruptly I would like to make it fade from one value to the next. I have include an example, any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks.
Attachments
SwitchRamp.jzml
(2.23KiB)Downloaded 64 times

metamorfosis18

Re: Ramp Values of Switches...

Post by metamorfosis18 » 26 May 2015 18:57

I found this example here which does almost what I need! I would have to maybe apply some of the coding from this one, to my previous example to make it work!!
Now thats the problem, I tried, but since I really don't understand the logic behind the coding to well, is almost imposible to get it to work by chance!!

Can anyone help merging this to examples please!
Attachments
SwitchRamp2.jzml
(8.29KiB)Downloaded 78 times

ndivuyo
Regular

Post by ndivuyo » 27 May 2015 06:12

hm I am a little confused

Ok so you want to change a fader's x value with switches, but you want the fader value to change gradually instead of instantaneous right? And then you want a knob or something to control how quickly the value changes?

Is that right or totally off?

metamorfosis18

Post by metamorfosis18 » 27 May 2015 15:38

Hey man thanks for replying, you almost got right!
instead of using a fader, I would like to use this switches to control a fader in Ableton, so I that can determine exactly the value that is being sent each time a press one of them.

So lets say I have five switches, they all send the same CC to be assign to control a fader in Ableton or any other DAW.
1st one sends a value of 0, so it should make the fader in Ableton ramp down slowly from wherever it was, to 0. (Not jump)
Second send a value of 20, lets say, so if pressed, the fader in Ableton should now ramp slowly up or down from where it is to this new value
and so on....
The last switch would be full value, lets say 127, and again if tapped, my fader in Ableton should slide up from where it was to its full level.

About the knob that you asked, I don't really need to change speeds. It could be a fixed speed, just not too fast for a smooth fade effect.
I would like to find and edit that value, of course if I feel that is to fast or slow for my purposes.

Thanks again, I hope I didn't bore you with this long explanation!! :D

ndivuyo
Regular

Post by ndivuyo » 27 May 2015 23:28

Ok yea, totally doable.
If I have time I can put up an example later today

ndivuyo
Regular

Post by ndivuyo » 28 May 2015 01:59

Do you want the ramp time the same for every increment or relative to the increment's size?

metamorfosis18

Post by metamorfosis18 » 28 May 2015 02:26

That's a good question, I would say relative to the increment's size.
I really appreciate your help, thanks man!

ndivuyo
Regular

Post by ndivuyo » 28 May 2015 02:48

ok
I made one that is not relative to size, it is the same ramp time for every change.

I used a multislider with physics on to avoid using any on frame scripts. So it is super efficient. You just have to keep it around (you can hide it somewhere) that object is called: 'timer'

So I hope you can figure it out and learn. No directions really, but I tried to keep it simple (ask for explanations if needed)

2 knobs: 1 sets number of switches and 2nd is the speed

let me know

(deleted the module because I reposted it later)
Last edited by ndivuyo on 28 May 2015 03:56, edited 1 time in total.

ndivuyo
Regular

Post by ndivuyo » 28 May 2015 02:48

haha I didn't see your response until after I finished. Well, tell me if it suits your needs. Otherwise relative isn't too much harder

metamorfosis18

Post by metamorfosis18 » 28 May 2015 03:16

No problem! Thanks a lot for your help, I will try it right now before I go to bed.
I'll get back at you, thanks again. :)