Changing MIDI Channels for Multiple Items

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Koolik_Visuals
Changing MIDI Channels for Multiple Items

Post by Koolik_Visuals » 20 May 2015 14:09

Hello everyone - caught up in a very time consuming process that i really hope can be made simpler. Ive created a template page for how i want to control a layer of video when I VJ - ive then duplicated that page 8 times (once for each layer)

but now, i have to go through and change the midi channel for each button manually. is there any way to "shift-click" buttons and faders to change the midi channel in the mapping section? - ive tried doing this, and it doesnt work - but you can shift click and change the color of the buttons in the object section

Also, ive created a very complex project with pop-up windows for different effects - when i went to duplicate the page template 8 times, it renamed all my containers by adding a number at the end. now i have to manually go into the "act()" section of each button and change the number. its taking forever.

usually in computing, you can have multiple things named the same, as long as they are in separate folders

hope this makes sense....any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-05-20 at 10.05.50 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-05-20 at 10.05.50 AM.png (217.94KiB)Viewed 930 times

ndivuyo
Regular

Re: Changing MIDI Channels for Multiple Items

Post by ndivuyo » 21 May 2015 17:31

Hi, you will have to change them manually (you can use magic wand)
For duplicating things: You will have to do it manually now that you've gone this far (probably but maybe now)

In the future, if you know you will duplicate try to use scripting that is general to the object:
using getobject() or findobject() or create an expression that you use as an index number, and use that variable for all your scripting. Then when you duplicate all you have to do is change the value of that expression. So really, it's all about setting things up right for less work..