switches...

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
digitalson
Regular
switches...

Post by digitalson » 03 May 2015 16:53

how can i use a switch to change the cc output of a button ? not a pad,then can i use multiple switches for a button to have different functions? and please provide examples,cause progamming scripts i am new to

ndivuyo
Regular

Re: switches...

Post by ndivuyo » 03 May 2015 17:51

I'm in a rush, so I can't post an example, also I don't use MIDI too much so there could be a better way perhaps?
But

2 ways off the top of my head: You create a 'custom MIDI' (bottom right corner) and then the MIDI mappings for it (top left) have an option to put open variables (expressions) for the values. So, you could do this many different ways. One way would be to make an array (create an expression and then make a list for it's values like this: {20,21,22,44,33} )
Inside that array (list) put all your desired cc values. Then you need to relate the switches current value to get the desired array value. For this you use firstof(x). SOO you could either do this in a script, or as a variable, or in a long-winded variable directly on the MIDI mapping.
Then for the 'controller' argument in the MIDI mapping section (which is the cc #) you would put that variable

EXAMPLE

create 2 expressions: values and valu (values will have the list of desired cc # and valu will be the one it is

values = {22,23,50,52}
valu = values[firstof(Switches.x)]

Then in the custom MIDI expression, you would type 'valu' where it says 'controller' (make sure it's a B0 control change)

There are many ways you could do this one example. You can also accomplish this with using scripting using midiout()
also, if you use the first method, if all your cc #'s are consecutive, you can just add the firstof(Switches.x) value to another value

For example, you start at cc # 50 and want to go to 55

have the controller value equal this: 50 + firstof(Switches.x)

Anyway, hope that works, if not let me know, maybe someone will suggest a better way (it also really depends on what you want)

ndivuyo
Regular

Post by ndivuyo » 04 May 2015 05:03

here is an example (changing the knob.x's cc output)

ps--will delete after you download

let me know if you need more help (or if it doesn't work cuz I didn't test it..)
Attachments
CCSwitch.jzlib
(4.4KiB)Downloaded 81 times

digitalson
Regular

Post by digitalson » 05 May 2015 22:30

ill tell u want i need to happen ,in transport i have ff and rewind,now i can surround each button with 4 switches thus eliminating 8 buttons,cause i can have rewind do nudge ,bar fast rewind and -1frame down, so 4 buttons will make pad do 4 functions

digitalson
Regular

Post by digitalson » 05 May 2015 22:33

and with all switches off rewind and ff,not sure how to do this ,but will try ur idea,scripting is not an option for me ,i have no idea aboutthe syntax

ndivuyo
Regular

Post by ndivuyo » 06 May 2015 06:20

?? I'm having trouble understanding. you want 4 buttons to act as 8 controllers with a switch that changes through them?
Do you want to post what you are doing, or maybe clarify.
Maybe there is a simpler/different solution then having to change the cc with a switch.
Unless you got it, then that's good.

MrCorba
Regular

Post by MrCorba » 06 May 2015 21:35

So if I understand correctly, you don't want 8 pads for all ff/rw things but 2 pads with each 4 switches?

Doesn't that make the total number of switches 10, which is even more than before?
"Having no silence in music is like having no black or white in a painting" - Brian Eno
https://soundcloud.com/mrcorba

digitalson
Regular

Post by digitalson » 07 May 2015 09:28

No cause the pad is in the transport at the bottom and u can make a switch small and surround a pad on left ,right ,top,and bottom,I'll send u a screen shot...it will free up 8 pads

digitalson
Regular

Post by digitalson » 07 May 2015 09:31

ill tell u want i need to happen ,in transport i have ff and rewind,now i can surround each button with 4 switches thus eliminating 8 buttons,cause i can have rewind do nudge ,bar fast rewind and -1frame down, so 4 buttons will make pad do 4 functions

Softcore
Regular

Post by Softcore » 07 May 2015 16:11

here is a Pads object, that sends to CC 21,22,23,24 (customize by editing the AllCCs expression) - selectable via a Switches object (4 switches).
Each time a switch is selected, not only the Pad sends to the preassigned CC but also reflects its function via a label.
Attachments
Pad-with4switchableCCout.jzml
(4.7KiB)Downloaded 77 times