question about controlling 2 ipads

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
dburns
question about controlling 2 ipads

Post by dburns » 12 Apr 2015 16:46

Sorry if this is a possible dumb question,so here goes-

I use two ipads,both with lemur.I want to use a multipad object to -

1-select a track in LPX via OSC msg (This I already accomplished via Osculator/Applescript/mouse location app)

***as well as ***

2-Select a interface/tabbed container(select a specified tab from multiple tabs in that interface) on the second iPad via a midi program change using the same multipad button.(for example specify the third tab in interface five,where the tabbed container in interface five has ten tabs to choose from)

This is to select a specified track in LPX (operation 1 using OSC msg), and call up the articulation for that track on the second iPad at the same time (operation 2 using a midi msg).I wish to set this up for my orchestral template,so there are about 500 tracks or so divided into "woods,brass,perc,strings keys etc".I have mulipad objects created to select the tracks in LPX already arranged in 10 x 10 matrixes in interfaces,I just need to add the program change to the multipage buttons' midi msg.

Where I'm having trouble is figuring out how to make the second iPad respond to the program changes from the first.My limited knowledge makes me think I need to declare some attributes,but If someone can point me in a direction,I'd appreciate the help.

dburns

Re: question about controlling 2 ipads

Post by dburns » 14 Apr 2015 17:06

So if I can refine my question a bit further-

I see that there is an interface command for OSC ,but I can't seem to generate the right message.Does the message need to be in this format-
/interface + interface name -I take this to mean /interface/interfacename but maybe I'm mistaken ?

I also see that we can connect directly between two iPads,so if someone can help with that specifically,that would be great.I'm trying to connect via "OSC targets" by specifying the other iPad address,but maybe I'm mistaken here as well.

any help of any kind appreciated here folks.

dburns

Post by dburns » 15 Apr 2015 03:24

So I have this part figured out a bit more-

create a script on a pad-

on expression x-

selectinterface(interface index number);
selectab(container,tabindex);

But,I'm trying to send this out to the other iPad,not as an internal script.....this is where I'm falling down.

anyone...??

dburns

Post by dburns » 16 Apr 2015 04:31

nevermind fellas,figured it out.

thnx

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 16 Apr 2015 05:49

Sorry about that. Was meaning to post something ...
Basically setup an OSC port pointing at your other device, port 8000
and then you can send a variety of OSC messages as detailed . . .

Glad you got it sorted ....
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]