Pop-Up Windows via Expressions

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Koolik_Visuals
Pop-Up Windows via Expressions

Post by Koolik_Visuals » 11 Apr 2015 07:08

Hello

So im pretty new to Lemur, but have been diligently learning the interface. I recently downloaded a Resolume project template under the "User Library" section - https://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/420/

In this project file, there essentially is a main interface with around 23 buttons labeled with a "+" - when you click these, it opens up a pop-up window that covers most the screen. Each of these "pop-up windows" has a mini "X" that then closes it, returning you to the main interface.

I think this is done with expressions, but i cant seem to find any tutorials explaining how to go about making my own version. I noticed an expression in the editor that says "show(Container4, 1); " Id prefer to make something like this than just using regular tabs. Ive asked a friend of mine who has been using Lemur for a while, and he was stumped.

My apologies if this is a "noob" question - if someone could point me in the right direction to where i can learn this, id be forever grateful.

Another strange thing is, that with the above project - there doesnt seem to be a way to modify these pop up windows....you can only adjust the main interface.

Thanks so much!

Macciza
Regular

Re: Pop-Up Windows via Expressions

Post by Macciza » 11 Apr 2015 11:44

Yep that show function is what you want , 1 means visible, 0 means not.
So somewhere running off that x button will be a show(container4,0) to hide it
There are various ways to do various things with pop up windows using this
Hope that helps
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]