Website suggestions

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
oldgearguy
Regular
Website suggestions

Post by oldgearguy » 18 Feb 2015 10:39

I've only put up a couple of templates on the website, so maybe people with more experience can chime in on this topic.

Why can't we upload/post more than one file when uploading a template? If we happen to have some documentation, a tutorial, or other materials that would reduce the number of questions or provide a better experience for the end user we have to make a choice.

If I upload a ZIP file with the template+docs, a user cannot download the template directly on the iPad and open it directly with Lemur. If I upload just the template, I have to put in the template description or in the template itself a link to an external site where they can get the documentation. Neither solution is 100% satisfactory. It would be nice if I could upload a template (clearly labeled as such) and also separately a document or documents if needed (also marked) and the user could download and install the template in Lemur and view/download the document(s) separately in their browser or other reader.

On a related note, whenever I upload something as an attachment in the forum, PDF documents are not allowed. Is there a particular reason why they are blocked? I have to either upload extra info as a text file or embed the text directly in the post. Again, neither approach is ideal.