Displaying : 1- scene name 2- signal presence

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Bombshell
Displaying : 1- scene name 2- signal presence

Post by Bombshell » 09 Feb 2015 20:08

I'm sure these are fairly simple things, and i don't doubt they've been covered before but, i couldn't find much in my searches here or on the rest of the internets...

I use Ableton live suite 9.1.2 and Lemur for the iPad.
I've created a meager interface just to trigger scenes mostly as i'm using ableton to control a rig for my band.
- How would i go about displaying the selected scene name from ableton, in Lemur?
- Is there a way to display signal presence (level would be cool, but i'm sure that's a whole different ballgame) on any given track?
Less cheese, more wine.

ndivuyo
Regular

Re: Displaying : 1- scene name 2- signal presence

Post by ndivuyo » 10 Feb 2015 19:32

Hmm, I'm not sure if I'd know how to do it without using python scripts or max for live, but maybe there is a way (maybe someone knows..) Though I especially doubt being able to get signal without the use of either (not sure if you can get signal through the python midi remote scripts though..). Otherwise you'll have to do it through m4l or python scripting. M4l shouldn't be too hard to make a patch for that, but you'll have to have the patch present and set up OSC connection is the only downside (though it really isn't too hard)

hope that helps

Bombshell

Post by Bombshell » 10 Feb 2015 21:47

is there a central place i go to get started with python scripting?
I think i know where to go for max4live.

EDIT: after another search, someone said it was documented in the manual. (why didn't i think of that?!)
I've programmed all kinds of things using various languages, so this should just be another to get used to.

Thanks!
Less cheese, more wine.

ndivuyo
Regular

Post by ndivuyo » 11 Feb 2015 05:10

cool! I'm interested if you can get signal through the python scripts