Sending program change with radio switches

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Lenrod
Sending program change with radio switches

Post by Lenrod » 07 Feb 2015 18:34

Hi, im trying to get lemur to send program change messages to a source audio hub, which is basically a midi interface with guitar effect pedals connected to it which can save and recall the pedals settings (upto 128).
Ive set up some switches (2 banks of 64 in a tabbed container so there isn't 128 buttons on one screen) and set them to radio so only 1 can be activated at a time, also selected program change as the midi message, however it (the hub) only seems to be able to save 2 presets, anymore and it seems to go haywire, it looks like only 2 kinds of messages are being sent out so when i try and save a third it overwrites the 2nd preset if that makes sense.
i was assuming the switches would have there own program change no assigned (0-127) however im now thinking there is something i need to do to allow this to happen. Ive read through the manual but can't find anything that helps.
Ive tried having 16 columns and 8 rows on the same page but the same thing happens, i have however tried it with a knob and it worked, although a knob is impractical for this really.
As you can probably tell im new to lemur, and the whole scripting thing breaks me out into a sweat haha.
any help is greatly appreciated.

Lenrod

Re: Sending program change with radio switches

Post by Lenrod » 08 Feb 2015 00:45

i think i figured it out. made an expression with a script, firstof(x) seems to be working! i can see a few late nights ahead

Macciza
Regular

Re: Sending program change with radio switches

Post by Macciza » 08 Feb 2015 01:24

Hi
Often it is is worthwhile to do a search of the forum for things like this . .
It doesn't do it with radio switches but it may provide some ideas
https://forum.liine.net/viewtopic.php?f ... nge#p16818
There are probably some other similar threads that approach it differently..
MM
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]