Designing a sequencer for Audiorealism Drum Machine

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Yurroon
Designing a sequencer for Audiorealism Drum Machine

Post by Yurroon » 11 Jan 2015 11:34

Hello,

After some years of producing in Ableton and using LiveControl as a midicontroller in my "studio", I am looking for en new (creativ) way to produce my tracks. I am sure that with Lemur and Lemur Editor it is possible to make something usefull.

Currently I am using the Ambivalent template for my Audiorealism Drum Machine plug-in. The down side of this template, for me, is that I cannot make patterns. In Ableton I have made a grouped track where all the single sounds of the drum machine have there own audio track (so I can edit each sound). But now I have to find a way to record what I am playing in the Ambivalent template. Yes, there is sound and I can record al the sounds in a new audio track but I think there mus be a better way.

So I copied the LiveControl template and start a new project in the Lemur editor on my Mac. Deleted the modulaties and play screen and after some corrections the launch and sequencer page are working like they did before. Now I want to edit the sequencer page so that there only rows available for each midi note which is needed for the ADM plug-in (17 pieces). In the launch page I can create midi clips (patterns) and in the sequencer page I can play the notes.

Unfortunately, the sequencer page is build up by scripting code (or am I wrong?). My daily job is to programm plc software but with my knowledge of that programming language I am not able to understand where the things are happening in the code. In the parseSeq I already found that the "else if (cmd == 7).....) part is placing the note names in the first column. But after deactivating all parts seperately, I did not find out how the sequence page is build.

So I realy hope there is someone here to help me. Maybe with some tips I can continue my project and create a usefull template.

Greetz, Yurroon