Newbie midi

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Softcore
Regular
Re: Newbie midi

Post by Softcore » 10 Jan 2015 10:52

Sure its possible!!!!

Ok....C2....can you please be a bit more specific? what midi channel? C2 when C0 is the lowest or when C-2 is the lowest?

Actually here's what you can do! Use my example provided and SEND an actual C2 from Live to Lemur. THEN send another note.....Observe which number changes from the MIDI_ARGS - probably it will be the "second" in the array which denotes the note although I do not remember.

Lets say for example that when sending your desired note, the monitor displays:
{0,44,127,1} but when you send another note the monitor displays: {0,67,127,1}

THEN its all a matter of constructing a script like so:

if (MIDI_ARGS[2]==44) {then do this};

Consult the Lemur manual to understand what each of the MIDI ARGS value is (for example the last one is the midi channel I think) - so you might have to incoroprate more "if" rules to make sure your script isnt fired by the same note on a different midi channel.

General tip: ALWAYS remember, that if you cant find how something works in Lemur, its pretty easy (and faster) to set up a "testing" mechanism to see how it works instead of asking around - for example if you want to find out how to script specific color changes (and cant find out the related integer numbers of the colors) just set up a:
getattribute(objectname, 'color'), use a monitor object to display the value, and CHANGE manually the colors of a random object (objectname) and note down the returned values to use them. I hope I made sense!
Attachments
MIDI-IN-checker.jzml
(1.31KiB)Downloaded 165 times

gioclone

Re: Newbie midi

Post by gioclone » 10 Jan 2015 11:10

YOU'RE AWESOME!

I had just finished my sample. I was able to change interfaces, change colors!

With your example, I can understand how the arguments are build!

Thanks thats much help. It's been two days and I can do a rough of the controls I need. THIS IS AWESOME!

Thanks bro, I owe you!