New Lemur user

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
danielmacgregor1985
New Lemur user

Post by danielmacgregor1985 » 14 Dec 2014 12:21

Hi everyone,

I'm a completely new Lemur user so fully appreciate there is going to be a learning curve to get where I want to be!

Firstly, I'm going to be working completely on iOS, so any templates I'm hopefully going to be creating will be working within the iOS environment.

I have a goal/vision of creating a Lemur template that will act like the iOS app 'Figure'. But instead of being tied with the limited presets, I could choose which synths I'll be using for a lead, for a bass etc.

My goal would be to have a drum machine, then at least two other synths controlled and sequenced from Lemur. All playable etc using similar XY PADS.

My first question would be: is that actually possible? (Obviously not for a noob, but I'm willing to learn!)

Thanks in advance!

frankfurter

Re: New Lemur user

Post by frankfurter » 15 Dec 2014 01:01

i'm pretty new to lemur as well, but was able to make some cool patches in a week or two.

i think the best way to learn is to take an already made patch from the factory presets or the user library (that hopefully is sort of similar to what u want to do), and see how they work, using the user guide for reference when u don't understand certain commands.

this is not usually the only way to do things, but at least gives u a starting point & some context.

i think what u want to build is definitely possible.

ndivuyo
Regular

Post by ndivuyo » 15 Dec 2014 20:44

Yea it's possible. What would you use for your synths? Depending on the program you're linking to, the possibilities will vary.

danielmacgregor1985

Post by danielmacgregor1985 » 15 Dec 2014 23:01

Hi,

The synths I would link to will be iOS based. Thor, Nave, Nlog, Sunrizer, Animoog - that's what I had in mind.

I have looked at some of the presets, which has opened my mind a bit as well, some of those are way beyond what I thought was possible! One of them had this weird Vector thing going on which reminded me of Animoog.

One issue I'm going to run into is that I don't have a computer, just a really old netbook, so I may struggle to download user templates. Not sure if I can open them straight onto iPad.

I've managed to create a basic keyboard so far. However the one in the template somehow manages to map the scale to it so the black keys (which are separate pads) are part of the chromatic scale. I'll have to dig into the scripting I suppose.

Yes the manual seems great, I have scanned the whole thing and will save a copy for reference.