Transport not needed for Slave Sync?

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
ChiLam
Transport not needed for Slave Sync?

Post by ChiLam » 08 Dec 2014 23:11

So to reduce the footprint of my sequencer template, built up mainly from the existing StepNote objects, I was looking at condensing things down a bit.

Up till now I had a Transport object in each and every Container/tab which contained a Step object - however I thought it might be possible to delete these and just use one at Project level. Infact I removed ALL of the Transport objects and to my suprise the template still ran! So I guess it was completely unecessary to include them in the first place so long as your only going to slave the clock externally?

ndivuyo
Regular

Re: Transport not needed for Slave Sync?

Post by ndivuyo » 10 Dec 2014 21:28

yea, unless you want to have transport controls on your layout

Macciza
Regular

Re: Transport not needed for Slave Sync?

Post by Macciza » 11 Dec 2014 02:51

Yes
Maybe do a bit more research into MIDI Clocks so you get the full gist of them

If you are Slaved to external clocks you naturally have no local control - except for local remote control of the app that is sending clock . . .

If you are running clocks locally, they are 'global' within the app i.e. they are accessible everywhere regardless of where they are controlled from.
If you want to be able to control the same clock from multiple places then maybe look into Alias's . . .

Cheers
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]