save state of template?

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
frankfurter
save state of template?

Post by frankfurter » 05 Dec 2014 21:57

is it possible to save the state of a template while i'm using it for future recall?

like if i punch out a bunch of sequences while i'm using it on my ipad, and want to save how my template is at that moment to a new template so it will always load like that?
kinda like saving songs/beats

zengel
Regular

Re: save state of template?

Post by zengel » 06 Dec 2014 00:01

not on the lemur itself but you can use osc and some programing to save data from the lemur.
i made a program with max for live that save data from lemur and you can recall it then . yes it's possible 'outside' of the lemur itself

ndivuyo
Regular

Post by ndivuyo » 06 Dec 2014 00:27

well you could setup arrays on the lemur that store data, like presets. And if you don't want to make a whole preset system, you can just have an array that stores all your data as you change values and then have an 'on load' script that loads those values in the array to the objects (like having 1 preset that was whatever you were doing last). But then you'd have to save a unique named layout for every 'preset' you make, so you'd be better off setting up a preset array system if you're going to go through all of the trouble...

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 06 Dec 2014 04:17

Hi
Basically yes , depending on a few things ....
just give it a try - set up your sequence stuff the way you want then go to Settings
In Settings , tap Project and select SaveAs, and name your 'song'
Reloading this new project should have the sequences set up as when you saved it.

The other option of course is to pursue a Preset system which would allow you to save multi songs in one project
This is discussed somewhere on the forum and there are some other resources available as well on the net

Hope that helps
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

frankfurter

Post by frankfurter » 06 Dec 2014 22:34

heyyo, thanks all!

i think i got it to work w/ the save as in the app. it was mainly a bunch of onLoad scripts that i made for default settings in my template that was screwing with me.
already had a lot of the arrays already built in so it was super simple just removing the load scripts.

this is beautifulllll