Lemur on android

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
zengel
Regular
Lemur on android

Post by zengel » 14 Nov 2014 11:27

Just one word to say : YEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!
Reallly waiting it from the time i had the jazzmutant lemur.... And you did it !!!i already have the ios lemur app on ipad.
And i have an android phone but i plan to buy an android tablet and bye lemur . I never been confortable with the ipad .
On android you dońt have to "jaibreak" to connect the device on usb to use a network... That´s the big point for me .
Really good work !
Thanks again !!!

Macciza
Regular

Re: Lemur on android

Post by Macciza » 14 Nov 2014 12:22

Meh ...
Not too fussed myself, apart from dreading compatability issues ...

And if you have an iPhone or iPad with cellular you can get a tethered connection anyway, no jailbreak/hacks needed

Anyway hopefully they can get back to general development work now ...

Cheers
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

DJRickDawson

Post by DJRickDawson » 15 Nov 2014 02:33

so which devices is it available on?
what are the minimum specs for android devices to use lemur?

I see the default layouts are for the nexus 7

not on my older htc desire, or the rubbish acer a500 tablet either.

I guess it needs certain features of android?

I got it on my Samsung Galaxy S4, but don't see the editor options.

it has picked up every port available in my setup, with no intervention at all, even shows the ipad as well... any need to have lemur controlling lemur?

Shamk

Post by Shamk » 17 Nov 2014 11:45

just brought :

SAMSUNG - Galaxy Tab Pro 12,2'' - 32 Go - Wifi - Noir for an unbeatable price of €379 ... come to daddy ! :twisted:
Lemur 5.2 | Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 | MediaBox MXIII (EzMediaXperience EzBOX or Keedox) + Hannspree HT231

oldgearguy
Regular

Post by oldgearguy » 17 Nov 2014 11:56

Shamk wrote:just brought :

SAMSUNG - Galaxy Tab Pro 12,2'' - 32 Go - Wifi - Noir for an unbeatable price of €379 ... come to daddy ! :twisted:
I was thinking of buying the same device; please let us know how Lemur behaves on it.

thanks

zengel
Regular

Post by zengel » 17 Nov 2014 22:40

Macciza wrote:Meh ...
Not too fussed myself, apart from dreading compatability issues ...

And if you have an iPhone or iPad with cellular you can get a tethered connection anyway, no jailbreak/hacks needed

Anyway hopefully they can get back to general development work now ...

Cheers
Ohh !!YESSS Macciza, we already talked about it!!! They did it ! .
Really? i already have an ipad 2 wifi only and will not spend my money in an other ipad. I prefer to spend it in a new android tablet... WITH LEMUR !!!
Happy for liine who will expand their community ! Fair.

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 18 Nov 2014 00:56

So which devices? And just bought ...

Seriously, read the release info!
It's qualified for the Nexus 7 only, though also tested on various other 4.2 + devices . . .

So it may not work on any old rubbish android phone or tablet and hopefully never will ...
Good luck ...
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo » 18 Nov 2014 13:57

Please, get a Version out for windows 8 or for an android device with the biggest screen possible and (if that even exists) cable connection (ethernet?) to the PC. Buying such a device is a joke price wise compared to what the original lemur cost! But it is about time that we get our giant monitor with lemur. That's why a windows 8 version would be the best approach IMO. Could be Mac OSX as well, but as far as I know, they don't support multitouch screens on their computers ...
This would be an argument to buy the same app for a second time for me, as Lemur on a giant screen is what I am waiting for since two years. Please tell me, if there is a chance for this to happen!

oldgearguy
Regular

Post by oldgearguy » 19 Nov 2014 12:53

Macciza wrote:So which devices? And just bought ...

Seriously, read the release info!
It's qualified for the Nexus 7 only, though also tested on various other 4.2 + devices . . .

So it may not work on any old rubbish android phone or tablet and hopefully never will ...
Good luck ...
Honest question -- why the bitterness?

Some of us with large hands and/or bad eyes appreciate the ability to run an app on a larger surface that supports multi-touch. In addition, if I can design an app that doesn't need multiple pages or allows me to present a breakpoint envelope that scales well on screen, why isn't that a win?

As a software developer, I'm used to supporting multiple platforms and devices. It's part and parcel with developing and releasing code.

I am surprised that the Lemur internals have not been updated with calls that we can make to query the hardware (i.e. - device type, screen size, etc), or if they have been added, I must have missed them.

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 19 Nov 2014 13:24

Sorry
Not really intended as such, just straightforward ala rtfm, the info is out there. . .

I don't know how well it runs on other machines, android versions etc or what issues will arise etc
The variety of possible permutations in the android arena is more complex then within Apple ....

Anyway, re the device querying, no as far as I am aware but there is the option of defining new interface sizes as mention in another post . . .