Populate Button names with directory file listing

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
jdjd
Populate Button names with directory file listing

Post by jdjd » 07 Nov 2014 17:47

Hello all!

Here's a weird question, has anyone figured out a way to populate the names of an array of pad/buttons with a file listing from a directory on your mac?

The problem, nightclub - mac running video walls, controlled by lemur project. Big hard drive full o videos. (400+ custom videos) The names of each video must be manually input into the Lemur project so the DJ's know which video they are punching up. trouble is, the videos change out often... big P.I.A. to keep up with..

I would love an automated directory listing somehow sent to the lemur pad/buttons... Have done some attempts with Quartz to send a directory listing via osc to lemur, but I am simply not that good a scripter to get working results... any hints? unfinished projects i can dissect? etc etc.

thanks!
jd

Macciza
Regular

Re: Populate Button names with directory file listing

Post by Macciza » 08 Nov 2014 02:18

Hi
Should be doable but you have a few issues to get around first ....
You need to be able to format the data to suit Lemur properly in QC first.
Lemur has limitations in terms of array sizes that you will need to get around somehow ...

Given the amount of data I would suggest getting QC to send a message with the name but also an id number, or similar
Then you would process this data in Lemur to update your name fields which shouldn't be too hard to do ...
But first you need the data set up properly from QC, not just a list of 300 names..
You may also need to vet your names for nonstandard characters possibly...

Once updated you would then save the new project and transfer it back to editor if needed...

Hope that helps
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]