graphic eq template

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Eric
graphic eq template

Post by Eric » 06 Nov 2014 18:14

i m looking for some experiment made on graphic equalizer template. Any experience around?

ndivuyo
Regular

Re: graphic eq template

Post by ndivuyo » 06 Nov 2014 20:55

Do you mean that you want to make a graphic EQ to control frequency amplitudes? If so, is there a particular plugin or software's eq you are thinking of? You can do with multisliders, or breakpoints or maybe just faders.
Or are you talking about having a visual of in coming audio through an eq displayed on the lemur?
Maybe I am misunderstanding, can you clarify a little more or are you just looking for something general?

Eric

Post by Eric » 07 Nov 2014 20:10

yep i was looking for experience about using like breakpoint for controling a graphic EQ (frequency amplitudes) -- sending message to max. I have the object in max (receiving typical message for 3 parameters : low gain, med gain, high gain etc..)
have you tried to do something of this kind already?.. i guess that's not comlpicated, ... i found after asking question that indeed breakpoint could handle this i think.

but any idea to share is more than welcome!
-e

ndivuyo
Regular

Post by ndivuyo » 08 Nov 2014 23:09

Seems like you got it, you can even use canvas for a visual on the band lines.

Eric

Post by Eric » 11 Nov 2014 02:30

hum.. .seems actually that it will be too complicated for me. ;) I was dreaming on a trendy graphic eq , but that would require a canvas script, which i a bit too far for my knowledge :)

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 11 Nov 2014 07:09

Hi
It may not be as hard as you think, depending on what look you are after...
Have a look at the West Reaktor project for a tweak on the faders there ...
Will see about posting some more canvas fader options soon ...
Cheers
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]

ndivuyo
Regular

Post by ndivuyo » 13 Nov 2014 02:00

I don't know if it's trendy enough, but you could make a nice looking and effective eq with some canvas lines combining it with a multiball, or breakpoint maybe. Depending on the placement and styling it could be a cool eq and easy to accomplish. And then you might want to add more which you'll have the confidence doing once you start working with canvas (I'm just learning canvas too). And like Macciza said you can take a look at other layouts and the tutorials and learn from it or take it a part and learn it that way.
Whatever works, but like I said before: is there a specific eq you're designing after, or..?