endless knob with range for speed

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
Eric
endless knob with range for speed

Post by Eric » 05 Nov 2014 18:25

hi everyone,

can i ask to the script masters a little help? i am trying to make an automated endless knob -that'd increment by itelsf, (with on off button) and a range for speed of the knob.

in the same time, i have to figured out this osc issue for automated obect - if a oscout script will make it? because as a standart object, a soon it is automated, it doesn't send osc.

thx for the help!
-e

ndivuyo
Regular

Re: endless knob with range for speed

Post by ndivuyo » 06 Nov 2014 06:08

Do you want to post what you are working on?
Here is a solution (plus a couple extras), Hope it helps you!

https://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/534/

You should be able to just use the normal x value for your OSC message. I don't know where you are sending it, let me know if you need further help. If the x really isn't being received still, you can try making another variable equal x, but I don't think you should have to. Unless I am misunderstanding what you mean by "x being automated"

PS I can't seem to upload it on here: "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."

Eric

Re: endless knob with range for speed

Post by Eric » 06 Nov 2014 18:11

thanks! it works perfectly!

what i meant by automation, it is, when for a lemur obect receive osc, it doesn't send back osc, even to another address. I ve been told in a previous topic that "n general the rule has been that the mapping options are only for touch response and feedback reception - not pass thru which would need to be scripted'

well anyways it works with your device thx.

I am working with max msp. This knob will rotate sound sources in the sound field!