Replicate Ableton-Style "Launch Quantization"

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
aubford
Replicate Ableton-Style "Launch Quantization"

Post by aubford » 30 Oct 2014 08:24

Anyone know how to have buttons in Lemur have a kind of midi clock synced quantization, in the same way that clips in Ableton will wait for the beginning of a bar to launch? I just want my buttons to wait until a specified beat coming from Ableton's MIDI Clock before outputting their commands. I assume you would need to use a script, I'm just terrible at that stuff...

ndivuyo
Regular

Re: Replicate Ableton-Style "Launch Quantization"

Post by ndivuyo » 01 Nov 2014 03:28

I've been doing this with a count from a Max patch. I haven't tried using a MIDI clock, but shouldn't be too hard to adjust. Unless anyone else helps you out, if I have time this weekend I can put a solution together for ya, unless you figure it out yourself ;), you can do it!

ndivuyo
Regular

Re: Replicate Ableton-Style "Launch Quantization"

Post by ndivuyo » 01 Nov 2014 22:06

Ok, here is one solution, I uploaded it so if other people are interested:

https://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/531/

You'll have to customize it to your layout though, email/message me or post if you have an issue. Maybe somebody will post a cleaner solution to work with too.
Hope it works for you!

PS there are simpler solutions to do this than mine, this came from an older project that called for this method. You can set a variable that the count will modulo to and just have the clock count to that depending on what your desired quantization is. This would clean up the part of my example where I type all the individual counts to trigger on. Good luck!