Multiball/Breakpoint HOLD TOUCHPOINTS. How???

Discuss Lemur and share techniques.
indijinouz
Multiball/Breakpoint HOLD TOUCHPOINTS. How???

Post by indijinouz » 23 Sep 2014 11:55

Okay i hope this question makes sense the way i word it. First off, no i an not refferring to Hold X or Y coordinates. But similar idea in that okay right now i have two buttons setup that lock the X and Y coordinates, but what if i just want to lock where i touched so that i can lift my fingers and hand and if i had balls or breakpoints moving very slowly towards those points, they would continue moving towards them as if my had were still touching the screen. Sorry if i massacred that explination. Thanks for all ur help always:)

ndivuyo
Regular

Re: Multiball/Breakpoint HOLD TOUCHPOINTS. How???

Post by ndivuyo » 24 Oct 2014 17:29

Hmm you can't have a command hold the z value of the multiball on (I don't think?). Maybe you can do this with the aid of a canvas object?
I think a greater mind than mine needs to help you out, but I'll try to tinker around and see what's possible for me.

Avantgarde Sound

Post by Avantgarde Sound » 24 Oct 2014 22:16

indijinouz wrote:Okay i hope this question makes sense the way i word it. First off, no i an not refferring to Hold X or Y coordinates. But similar idea in that okay right now i have two buttons setup that lock the X and Y coordinates, but what if i just want to lock where i touched so that i can lift my fingers and hand and if i had balls or breakpoints moving very slowly towards those points, they would continue moving towards them as if my had were still touching the screen. Sorry if i massacred that explination. Thanks for all ur help always:)
The Z variable is perishable. As such it is "created" and then "destroyed" after "real" interaction". Can't be held in thin air.
Nonetheless, you could perhaps create an expression that detects and holds the last Z value, and then use that expression for whatever you want.

---
Avantgarde Sound *for the love of the machine
ONE OF THE BIGGEST PROJECTS IN THE HISTORY OF THE LEMUR PLATFORM:
nChord v3 - HeartEater, the modular harmony super algorithm, a 21st century super instrument
All here: http://www.avantgardesound.com

Macciza
Regular

Post by Macciza » 25 Oct 2014 09:35

Hi
Basically need to look at making a physics system that drives the balls ...
And a manager for that system to deal with the interaction
It could be done within the MultiBalls object or with a Canvas, or a mix of the two ...

First thing is to decide and describe exactly what you want . . .
Do you want just one ball moving towards where you touched or all of them...
Do you want to be able to touch the balls? etc etc

Pretty sure it is achievable in some way without too much difficulty
iMac 2.8G i7 12G 10.6.8/10.7.2, Legacy Dexter/Lemur, Liine Lemur/iPad2, KMI SoftStep, 12Step & QuNeo , B-Controls, Mackie C4 etc
MaxMSP, Live Suite, Native Instrument stuff, etc Modified Virtual Guitar System etc All Projects/Modules © CC-BY-NC-SA[*][/b]